Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101
SITE SPONSOR
contact lenses

Go Back   Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101 > Contact Lens Forums > Daily Disposable Contact Lenses > 1-Day Acuvue Moist
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1-Day Acuvue Moist Ask a question about 1 Day Acuvue Moist, start a discussion about 1 Day Acuvue Moist, share your opinion about 1 Day Acuvue Moist, or write an online review and share your experience with 1 Day Acuvue Moist contact lenses.


Join Lens 101Welcome to the Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101 forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Rinsing 1 Day Acuvue Moist before using

This is a discussion on Rinsing 1 Day Acuvue Moist before using within the 1-Day Acuvue Moist forums; I am new here and ripping my hair out. After trying out 10 different types ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Site Sponsor
Since 1995, Lens.com has provided all types and brands of contacts,including the popular 1-Day Acuvue Moist contacts, Daily Disposable Contact Lenses manufactured by Johnson & Johnson, at 70% OFF retail. Buy with confidence as Lens.com offers the exact same contact lenses prescribed by your eye doctor delivered to you for less!
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
Default Rinsing 1 Day Acuvue Moist before using

I am new here and ripping my hair out. After trying out 10 different types of lenses (the only comfortable ones were Acuvue Oasys, but I couldn't see) my Doctor prescribed dailies. Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue Moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief. I noted someone mentioned rinsing the lens in saline. Since I eyes are very dry I was concerned that would further dry out the lense. Does anyone rinse their lenses in disinfecting solution before inserting them?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb55 View Post
I am new here and ripping my hair out. After trying out 10 different types of lenses (the only comfortable ones were Acuvue Oasys, but I couldn't see) my Doctor prescribed dailies. Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief. I noted someone mentioned rinsing the lens in saline. Since I eyes are very dry I was concerned that would further dry out the lens. Does anyone rinse their lenses in disinfecting solution before inserting them?
Hi Deb,

I don't do this personally, but I've heard it can help. A few names of products you can look for are ReNu, Optimum, and Menicare.

I hope that helps you, but if you need any more information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb55 View Post
I am new here and ripping my hair out. After trying out 10 different types of lenses (the only comfortable ones were Acuvue Oasys, but I couldn't see) my Doctor prescribed dailies. Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief. I noted someone mentioned rinsing the lens in saline. Since I eyes are very dry I was concerned that would further dry out the lense. Does anyone rinse their lenses in disinfecting solution before inserting them?
I can confirm that I had the same problem. Wash them in a saline before inserting in your eye
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Junior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb55 View Post
I am new here and ripping my hair out. After trying out 10 different types of lenses (the only comfortable ones were Acuvue Oasys, but I couldn't see) my Doctor prescribed dailies. Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief. I noted someone mentioned rinsing the lens in saline. Since I eyes are very dry I was concerned that would further dry out the lense. Does anyone rinse their lenses in disinfecting solution before inserting them?
Hi Deb55. How are you doing these days? I hope you're not ripping your hair out any more. Did you make peace with you daily contact lenses?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Junior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb55 View Post
I am new here and ripping my hair out. After trying out 10 different types of lenses (the only comfortable ones were Acuvue Oasys, but I couldn't see) my Doctor prescribed dailies. Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief. I noted someone mentioned rinsing the lens in saline. Since I eyes are very dry I was concerned that would further dry out the lense. Does anyone rinse their lenses in disinfecting solution before inserting them?
How have you been, Deb55? We haven't heard from you in a while. Are you feeleing better?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 367
Default Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb55 View Post
I am new here and ripping my hair out. After trying out 10 different types of lenses (the only comfortable ones were Acuvue Oasys, but I couldn't see) my Doctor prescribed dailies. Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief. I noted someone mentioned rinsing the lens in saline. Since I eyes are very dry I was concerned that would further dry out the lense. Does anyone rinse their lenses in disinfecting solution before inserting them?
It looks like we've lost Deb55. I hope that means that the answers we gave were satisfactory.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinghenglin505 View Post
Acuvue Oasys, I ALSO USE BEFORE. IT IS GOOD, I THINK.
I'm glad you like the Oasys lenses, although this section is for 1-Day Acuvue Moist, technically. So you've never experienced the irritation that Deb55 opened this thread with?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexynerd View Post
It looks like we've lost Deb55. I hope that means that the answers we gave were satisfactory.
I hope so too, sexynerd. I like to think in these cases that no news is good news.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaviseyes View Post
I hope so too, sexynerd. I like to think in these cases that no news is good news.
A lot of no news, by now!

But I'm still pretty sure that most lenses come in a solution that is a little irritating. If it says ".. in a buffered 0.83% saline solution" what will it actually contain?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 380
Default Buffered Saline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
A lot of no news, by now!

But I'm still pretty sure that most lenses come in a solution that is a little irritating. If it says ".. in a buffered 0.83% saline solution" what will it actually contain?
That would probably be water with 0.83% salt by volume, plus a buffering ingredient that helps keep the water at a constant pH level. I know that because "saline" means "salt" and . . . I looked up the buffered part.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post
That would probably be water with 0.83% salt by volume, plus a buffering ingredient that helps keep the water at a constant pH level. I know that because "saline" means "salt" and . . . I looked up the buffered part.
And what did you find? Was it phosphate? Or another buffer? In fact I'd expect it can be anything that's a weak acid. There might be preservatives that can be called "buffer". And in any case it might be irritating.

Why do they buffer it? Why would acidity matter to the user?
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 321
Default Why a Buffer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
Why do they buffer it? Why would acidity matter to the user?
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to put anything acidic in my eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default Pardon my French..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillersLastChance View Post
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to put anything acidic in my eyes.
Then you need the absence anything acidic. Not a buffer. Apparently all kind of substances are expected to leak into the fluid from the package, the glue, or the lens itself.

They can buffer the solution to maintain the pH, but that seems to suggest it gets slowly contaminated with some chemicals during storage. Qui s'excuse s'accuse!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 546
Default Good Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
And what did you find? Was it phosphate? Or another buffer? In fact I'd expect it can be anything that's a weak acid. There might be preservatives that can be called "buffer". And in any case it might be irritating.
I decided to check into this myself, and I couldn't find anything on line that would tell me what the buffering agent is in 1 Day Acuvue Moist. I suppose if I wanted to know, I could contact Johnson and Johnson. You can too at this web address:

https://secure-www.jnj.com/wps/wcm/jsp/contactUs.jsp

If you prefer regular mail, you can write them at:

JNJ.COM
P.O. Box 726
Langhorne, PA 19047-0726
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
I decided to check into this myself, and I couldn't find anything on line that would tell me what the buffering agent is in 1 Day Acuvue Moist. I suppose if I wanted to know, I could contact Johnson and Johnson. You can too at this web address:

https://secure-www.jnj.com/wps/wcm/jsp/contactUs.jsp

If you prefer regular mail, you can write them at:

JNJ.COM
P.O. Box 726
Langhorne, PA 19047-0726
Thanks for the contact information, HelpMeRhonda. Now you've got me curious. Maybe I'll shoot them an email myself.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
And what did you find? Was it phosphate? Or another buffer? In fact I'd expect it can be anything that's a weak acid. There might be preservatives that can be called "buffer". And in any case it might be irritating.

Why do they buffer it? Why would acidity matter to the user?
I'm going to email them and ask them. Did you do that already?
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post
I'm going to email them and ask them. Did you do that already?
I don't wear them since about one year. I don't wear dailies now but Biofinity monthlies. Still I prefer to soak new ones in clean fluid before use, but that's only once a month. And they need to be put in fluid every evening anyway. But for dailies you would of course want to avoid that. (That's why you pay the extra price!)

And no, I didn't ask Cooper about the buffered saline of the Biofinity lenses..
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
I don't wear them since about one year. I don't wear dailies now but Biofinity monthlies. Still I prefer to soak new ones in clean fluid before use, but that's only once a month. And they need to be put in fluid every evening anyway. But for dailies you would of course want to avoid that. (That's why you pay the extra price!)

And no, I didn't ask Cooper about the buffered saline of the Biofinity lenses..
I'd be curious about that too. Buffering a solution generally keeps it from being to acidic.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default O, just some plutonium-bicarbonate. Don't worry, we buffer it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainteneel View Post
I'd be curious about that too. Buffering a solution generally keeps it from being to acidic.
Yes and it would only become acidic by substances slowly being washed out of the plastic of the blister package or the glue that holds the cover foil. And those substances would likely cause the irritation (if any), not the buffered saline itself.

And the manufacturer would NOT answer to our question that there are indeed small amounts of substance X expected to leak into the fluid and therefore they added the buffer. At least that is what I expect..
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 570
Default It Might Take Some Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
Yes and it would only become acidic by substances slowly being washed out of the plastic of the blister package or the glue that holds the cover foil. And those substances would likely cause the irritation (if any), not the buffered saline itself.
I would imagine that you'd have to have those contacts in your desk or medicine cabinet for like a year before glue and plastic residue and stuff would start dissolving into the solution.
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default 5 to 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
I would imagine that you'd have to have those contacts in your desk or medicine cabinet for like a year before glue and plastic residue and stuff would start dissolving into the solution.
If you get them, the expiration date on the foil is often 5 years into the future. So what you suggest may be precisely what happens. Or they may even have been stored some time before you get them..
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 236
Default That Might Explain the Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
If you get them, the expiration date on the foil is often 5 years into the future. So what you suggest may be precisely what happens. Or they may even have been stored some time before you get them..
Yeah, I guess I never thought about why contact lenses expire, but you may just be right, HydroRunner.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
I would imagine that you'd have to have those contacts in your desk or medicine cabinet for like a year before glue and plastic residue and stuff would start dissolving into the solution.
Yeah, that would be bad. I see what you mean, Zoey.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
Yeah, that would be bad. I see what you mean, Zoey.
Good, I'm glad we understand each other, HelpMeRhonda.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Default One day Moist - rinsing

Hello -

With Moist the moisture is embedded in the lens so rinsing them shouldn't be an issue b.c it is not a surface coating. With Ciba dailies they have a surface coating so I am not sure how it will affect it. I would just use a solution that is recommended for a hydrogel lens - they are both hydrogel's - another suggestion is to Try Acuve 1-day True Eye - it is the only 1-day disposable sylicone hydrogel on the market so it has better breathability
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 645
Default Brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootles34 View Post
Hello -

With Moist the moisture is embedded in the lens so rinsing them shouldn't be an issue b.c it is not a surface coating. With Ciba dailies they have a surface coating so I am not sure how it will affect it. I would just use a solution that is recommended for a hydrogel lens - they are both hydrogel's - another suggestion is to Try Acuve 1-day True Eye - it is the only 1-day disposable sylicone hydrogel on the market so it has better breathability
Is there a certain brand of solution that you would recommend to the people in this thread?
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootles34 View Post
Hello -

With Moist the moisture is embedded in the lens so rinsing them shouldn't be an issue b.c it is not a surface coating. With Ciba dailies they have a surface coating so I am not sure how it will affect it. I would just use a solution that is recommended for a hydrogel lens - they are both hydrogels - another suggestion is to Try Acuvue 1-day True Eye - it is the only 1-day disposable silicone hydrogel on the market so it has better breathability
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, tootles34.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Default Solution

I do not have a specific I reccomend - A Lot of poeple like Opti free but I think any of the over the counter one's would be fine
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 393
Default Pick One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootles34 View Post
I do not have a specific I reccomend - A Lot of poeple like Opti free but I think any of the over the counter one's would be fine
So it doesn't really matter, does it?
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
Then you need the absence anything acidic. Not a buffer. Apparently all kind of substances are expected to leak into the fluid from the package, the glue, or the lens itself.

They can buffer the solution to maintain the pH, but that seems to suggest it gets slowly contaminated with some chemicals during storage. Qui s'excuse s'accuse!
I don't know about that. The package and the glue are outside the package, and as long as you wear the lenses before the expiration date, I don't see why any contamination should take place.
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillersLastChance View Post
I don't know about that.
You are excused. One cannot know everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillersLastChance View Post
The package and the glue are outside the package,
The glue which attaches the metal foil to the plastic case of the blister package! The plastic, the foil and the glue are the 3 things that come in contact with the fluid inside..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillersLastChance View Post
and as long as you wear the lenses before the expiration date, I don't see why any contamination should take place.
That is strange! Substances from the container can dissolve into the fluid. These substances do not know the date (they cannot read!) so they simply start doing so from the moment the package is filled..

Last edited by HydroRunner; 08-09-2011 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: quote
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Masters Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 977
Default How About You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
A lot of no news, by now!

But I'm still pretty sure that most lenses come in a solution that is a little irritating. If it says ".. in a buffered 0.83% saline solution" what will it actually contain?
Have you personally been irritated by the solution that contact lenses are packaged in?
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiaonmymind View Post
Have you personally been irritated by the solution that contact lenses are packaged in?
Yes, but that is a long time ago (about 10 years) and those were bi-weeklies. They were irritaring the first day, and I found out that rinsing them in clean solution didn't help much but storing them a few hours in fresh solution was a good remedy.

Strictly speaking this is not so relevant to this thread, because the topic here is 1-day Acuvue Moist. So I cannot confirm the claim of the original poster of this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 281
Default A Refresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
Yes, but that is a long time ago (about 10 years) and those were bi-weeklies. They were irritaring the first day, and I found out that rinsing them in clean solution didn't help much but storing them a few hours in fresh solution was a good remedy.

Strictly speaking this is not so relevant to this thread, because the topic here is 1-day Acuvue Moist. So I cannot confirm the claim of the original poster of this thread.
That's when Deb55 said "Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief."

I needed to go back to the top of the thread to see what Deb55 said, so I thought I'd save others the trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default Defining the scope..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyEyeland View Post
That's when Deb55 said "Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief."

I needed to go back to the top of the thread to see what Deb55 said, so I thought I'd save others the trouble.
Thanks, Fantasy! I actually skipped the trouble by just relying on the title of the thread as scope-defining. But of course one can also argue that the content of the first post defines what is on-topic.

Some people would even say that whatever comes up in the discussion is on-topic (because it comes up in that discussion). Others might object that this leaves nothing off-topic! (But that is incorrect: All things that don't come up in a discussion are then off-topic.)

Or am I digressing?
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 374
Default Stay on Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
Thanks, Fantasy! I actually skipped the trouble by just relying on the title of the thread as scope-defining. But of course one can also argue that the content of the first post defines what is on-topic.

Some people would even say that whatever comes up in the discussion is on-topic (because it comes up in that discussion). Others might object that this leaves nothing off-topic! (But that is incorrect: All things that don't come up in a discussion are then off-topic.)

Or am I digressing?
Let's get back to talking about rinsing 1-Day Acuvue Moist contact lenses in saline to remove the irritating solution they're stored in. In my opinion, and in your words: "the content of the first post defines what is on-topic." Generally that's not an issue around here because very few posts get longer than about three posts anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Sophomore
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 70
Default Tricky..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeofthetiger View Post
Let's get back to talking about rinsing 1-Day Acuvue Moist contact lenses in saline to remove the irritating solution they're stored in.
Ah, yes! To be precise, Deb55 claimed that it "is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief." Now that's a tricky one, Eyeofthetiger..

We could say we don't believe it, but that would in fact confirm the claim! So do you believe Deb55?
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 349
Default Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
Ah, yes! To be precise, Deb55 claimed that it "is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief." Now that's a tricky one, Eyeofthetiger..

We could say we don't believe it, but that would in fact confirm the claim! So do you believe Deb55?
The irritation may be beyond Deb55's belief, but not mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41lqy53GkuL._SS500_.jpg (24.2 KB, 37 views)
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 285
Default Your What Hurts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroRunner View Post
Ah, yes! To be precise, Deb55 claimed that it "is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief." Now that's a tricky one, Eyeofthetiger..

We could say we don't believe it, but that would in fact confirm the claim! So do you believe Deb55?
Wait a minute. What? Run that by me one more time. You lost me.
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 546
Default More Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaviseyes View Post
Wait a minute. What? Run that by me one more time. You lost me.
Since Delta88 brought up The Princess Bride and you're already confused, I thought I'd post this. (My thanks to Dragonslayer for posting this previously).

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini:Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?
Man in Black: Australia.
Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Reply With Quote
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 281
Default Comedy Classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
Since Delta88 brought up The Princess Bride and you're already confused, I thought I'd post this. (My thanks to Dragonslayer for posting this previously).

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini:Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?
Man in Black: Australia.
Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Thanks for that little routine. Didn't I see Who's On First on this site someplace?
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Masters Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyEyeland View Post
Thanks for that little routine. Didn't I see Who's On First on this site someplace?
You probably did. I wouldn' be surprised.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 321
Default What Happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb55 View Post
I am new here and ripping my hair out. After trying out 10 different types of lenses (the only comfortable ones were Acuvue Oasys, but I couldn't see) my Doctor prescribed dailies. Whatever the solution used in 1-Day Acuvue moist and Ciba Vision dailies is irritating my eye (I only wear one contact) beyond belief. I noted someone mentioned rinsing the lens in saline. Since I eyes are very dry I was concerned that would further dry out the lense. Does anyone rinse their lenses in disinfecting solution before inserting them?
So far we've only gotten this one post from you, Deb55. I hope you come back and tell us if you've found the solution to your eye irritation. Did you try a saline rinse?
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Junior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely.
I love that part. Vizzini talks and talks, and the Man in Black asks if he's finished and Vizzini says "Not remotely."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark This Site
Add a link on your site or blog
1-Day Acuvue Moist Ask a question about 1-Day Acuvue Moist, start a discussion, share your opinion, or write an online review and share your experience with 1-Day Acuvue Moist contact lenses.

Copy and Paste HTML Below:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Contact Lenses

/ Contact Lens Forums
Daily Disposable Contact Lenses 2
1-2 Week Disposable Contact Lenses
Monthly Disposable Contact Lenses
Color Contact Lenses 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gas Permeable Contact Lenses 2 3
Toric Contact Lenses 2 3
Bifocal Contact Lenses 2
Vial Contact Lenses
Other Contact Lenses 2 3, & Contact Lens Care 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC7 ©2008, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2001 - 2010 eyeTopics.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

Any materials provided on this web site are for informational purposes only. Have your eyes examined regularly and always follow your eye care professional's instructions for the proper use and care of your contact lenses. IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY UNEXPLAINED EYE DISCOMFORT, WATERING, VISION CHANGE OR REDNESS, REMOVE YOUR LENSES IMMEDIATELY AND CONSULT YOUR EYE CARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE WEARING YOUR CONTACT LENSES AGAIN.

Site operated by eyeTopics.com, Inc.