Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101
SITE SPONSOR
contact lenses

Go Back   Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101 > Contact Lens Forums > 1-2 Week Disposable Contact Lenses > Acuvue 2
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Acuvue 2 Ask a question about Acuvue 2, start a discussion about Acuvue 2, share your opinion about Acuvue 2, or write an online review and share your experience with Acuvue 2 contact lenses.

Join Lens 101Welcome to the Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101 forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Acuvue 2 Discontinued?

This is a discussion on Acuvue 2 Discontinued? within the Acuvue 2 forums; I heard on the Internet grapevine that Acuvue 2 has been discontinued. Is this true? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Site Sponsor
Since 1995, Lens.com has provided all types and brands of contacts,including the popular Acuvue 2 contacts, One - Two Week Disposable Lenses manufactured by Johnson & Johnson, at 70% OFF retail. Buy with confidence as Lens.com offers the exact same contact lenses prescribed by your eye doctor delivered to you for less!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior

Default Acuvue 2 Discontinued?

I heard on the Internet grapevine that Acuvue 2 has been discontinued. Is this true? Maybe they're not being sold any more in some countries but others are unaffected?

Last edited by Lens 101 - Administrator; 09-10-2009 at 11:42 AM..
Old 09-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman

Default Acuvue 2 / Acuvue Oasys

Not sure about Acuvue 2 being discontinued, but a couple months back I received an email from the company I order through that it was time to reorder my Acuvue Oasys. A couple days later I clicked on the link in the email and when it brought me to my account it said that this type had been discontinued and not manufactured by that company any more and that this carrier would no longer be selling them. Well today, when I logged on to my account with the distributor, it's as if that message was never there. The company is still selling them and for the past several months I have been telling folks they should switch because they are not being manufactured any longer. I am confused.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Junior

Default Acuvue 2 is Alive and Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclelar View Post
I heard on the Internet grapevine that Acuvue 2 has been discontinued. Is this true? Maybe they're not being sold any more in some countries but others are unaffected?
It is now about a year after this was originally posted, and when I checked Lens 101 for Acuvue 2, they were still being offered with no end in sight.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:44 PM

Default Acuvue 2 Contacts Are Still Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8erBoi View Post
It is now about a year after this was originally posted, and when I checked Lens 101 for Acuvue 2, they were still being offered with no end in sight.
Did you check Lens 101, or Lens.com, the sponsor of this site? I know it gets confusing sometimes. I checked with lens.com and they are still offering Acuvue 2 contacts. I rooted a round the site a little bit but didn't see any indication that these lenses are or will soon be discontinued.

See for yourself: http://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/lens133.asp
Old 12-31-2009, 01:13 PM

Default Exactly

Quote:
Did you check Lens 101, or Lens.com, the sponsor of this site? I know it gets confusing sometimes. I checked with lens.com and they are still offering Acuvue 2 contacts. I rooted a round the site a little bit but didn't see any indication that these lenses are or will soon be discontinued.

See for yourself: http://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/lens133.asp
This is what I'm sayin'.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:22 PM

Default So Much For the Grapevine

Okay it's February of 2010 and there's still no indication that Acuve 2 contact lenses are going anywhere. I guess the grapevine let me down, huh?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:15 PM

Default Lens 101 Knows Best

Quote:
Okay it's February of 2010 and there's still no indication that Acuvue 2 contact lenses are going anywhere. I guess the grapevine let me down, huh?
That's how it seems, Unclelar. I guess everyone needs to rely on Lens 101 for accurate information.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:13 AM

Default We Got the Scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8erBoi View Post
That's how it seems, Unclelar. I guess everyone needs to rely on Lens 101 for accurate information.
So it would seem, Sk8terBoi. You heard it here first.

Bookmark This Site
Add a link on your site or blog
Acuvue 2 Ask a question about Acuvue 2 , start a discussion, share your opinion, or write an online review and share your experience with Acuvue 2 contact lenses.

Copy and Paste HTML Below: