Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: First time poster, new to contact lenses

  1. #1

    Default First time poster, new to contact lenses

    I wore monovision 13 years ago and never had a problem with lenses. I wore Acuvue 2 (I think) at the time. I have since gotten lazy and quit wearing lenses or glasses and regret it because I've been getting headaches for years. Hence, now the need for all day correction.

    I got a trial pair of Acuvue Oasys last Thursday and have been having problems I'm not sure if they are due to the lens or solution or what. I called this morning to the office but they can't see me until my check-up on Thursday so I am keeping them off until then. My experience was that the lenses initially felt very comfortable. When I took them off after 5 hours the first day my eyes felt tired but understandable. They had a fb in them all day long.

    Second day I kept them in for 6 hours trying to get my eyes used to the fb. They were a little irritated, sore and itchy but nothing like after I took them off. When I took them off they were very sensitive and felt raw. I actually put them back on hoping it would help, it didn't.

    Third day, Saturday. I forced myself to put them in. I want to follow directions and get used to them daily. Same thing. I put up with the soreness for hours and then took them off for them to be even more sore.

    Sunday I put them on for church and wore for a couple hours and came home to take a nap and rest my eyes. I put them back in after nap for about 4 hours. I have not put them back in since then. The only way to explain is that they feel raw and very light sensitive.

    I've been using the recommended Replenish solution and they have been soaking for longer than the 6 hours recommended. I' had been using the same brand rewetting drops and using them often.

    Has anybody had these experiences? I'm getting tired of going every week to the eye doctor and was hoping this would be my last visit but I have doubts they will fit me with another lens this week due to the eyes still being sore. Also, even with my glasses I have noticed a deterioration in my vision since wearing the lenses.

    I first thought this was all due to just not being used to wearing them and the "break-in" period but I don't remember this from years ago wearing the Acuvue 2 lenses at all. Maybe some irritation when getting used to them but it went away when I rested my eyes and took them out.

  2. #2

    Default Sore Tired Eyes With Acuvue Oasys

    Quote Originally Posted by hbwright View Post
    I wore monovision 13 years ago and never had a problem with lenses. I wore Acuvue 2 (I think) at the time. I have since gotten lazy and quit wearing lenses or glasses and regret it because I've been getting headaches for years. Hence, now the need for all day correction.

    I got a trial pair of Acuvue Oasys last Thursday and have been having problems I'm not sure if they are due to the lens or solution or what. I called this morning to the office but they can't see me until my check-up on Thursday so I am keeping them off until then. My experience was that the lenses initially felt very comfortable. When I took them off after 5 hours the first day my eyes felt tired but understandable. They had a fb in them all day long.

    Second day I kept them in for 6 hours trying to get my eyes used to the fb. They were a little irritated, sore and itchy but nothing like after I took them off. When I took them off they were very sensitive and felt raw. I actually put them back on hoping it would help, it didn't.

    Third day, Saturday. I forced myself to put them in. I want to follow directions and get used to them daily. Same thing. I put up with the soreness for hours and then took them off for them to be even more sore.

    Sunday I put them on for church and wore for a couple hours and came home to take a nap and rest my eyes. I put them back in after nap for about 4 hours. I have not put them back in since then. The only way to explain is that they feel raw and very light sensitive.

    I've been using the recommended Replenish solution and they have been soaking for longer than the 6 hours recommended. I' had been using the same brand rewetting drops and using them often.

    Has anybody had these experiences? I'm getting tired of going every week to the eye doctor and was hoping this would be my last visit but I have doubts they will fit me with another lens this week due to the eyes still being sore. Also, even with my glasses I have noticed a deterioration in my vision since wearing the lenses.

    I first thought this was all due to just not being used to wearing them and the "break-in" period but I don't remember this from years ago wearing the Acuvue 2 lenses at all. Maybe some irritation when getting used to them but it went away when I rested my eyes and took them out.
    Hi there hbwright and welcome to Lens 101. I'm glad you're here, I just wish it was under better circumstances.

    I can't really explain why your eyes are sore and tired without actually seeing your eyes. You say you've been wearing them for almost a week at this point. It may just be a matter of giving yourself more time to adjust to the new lenses.

    I found another thread here in Lens 101 that covers a similar topic. Maybe this will help. If not, check back and we'll try to figure this thing out. I hope you feel better soon, and I hope you stay in touch so others can benefit from your experience. A lot of people come here with complaints, but few of them return to tell us what finally made them feel better.

    Here's that link:

    http://www.lens101.com/1-day-acuvue/4455-1-day-acuvue-contacts-tired-eyes.html

  3. #3

    Default Thanks

    I thought I would return to follow up. I had my week followup today and have not worn my lenses since Sunday. I work on the computer 3rd shift and the computer was so bright I had to squint due to my eyes being so sensitive. There was some corneal swelling and we don't know if it is from the lenses or the solution and I am honestly afraid to trial and error to figure it out. We changed my lenses to Acuvue 2 and my solution to Clear Care cleansing system, rinsing with sterile saline only before insertion and Renu for sensitive eyes rewetting drops if needed. I'm going to throw all my Opti-Free out and that stinks because I bought 2 boxes, one for upstairs and one for down and 3 bottles of rewetting, one for pocketbook, bedroom and office. Oh well.

    I'll probably never know what caused it and MAY get brave and try the Oasys to see if it was the solution maybe next year. I realize they are better long-term for your eye health. I just hate to risk that pain again.

    So far it has only been a day on the Acuvue 2 and new solutions so it is too soon to make any kind of comment. It was a couple days cumulative effect before my eyes got really bad before. I'm hoping that I'll make it past that point. I'll let you know.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hbwright View Post
    I thought I would return to follow up. I had my week followup today and have not worn my lenses since Sunday. I work on the computer 3rd shift and the computer was so bright I had to squint due to my eyes being so sensitive. There was some corneal swelling and we don't know if it is from the lenses or the solution and I am honestly afraid to trial and error to figure it out. We changed my lenses to Acuvue 2 and my solution to Clear Care cleansing system, rinsing with sterile saline only before insertion and Renu for sensitive eyes rewetting drops if needed. I'm going to throw all my Opti-Free out and that stinks because I bought 2 boxes, one for upstairs and one for down and 3 bottles of rewetting, one for pocketbook, bedroom and office. Oh well.

    I'll probably never know what caused it and MAY get brave and try the Oasys to see if it was the solution maybe next year. I realize they are better long-term for your eye health. I just hate to risk that pain again.

    So far it has only been a day on the Acuvue 2 and new solutions so it is too soon to make any kind of comment. It was a couple days cumulative effect before my eyes got really bad before. I'm hoping that I'll make it past that point. I'll let you know.
    Thank you for checking back. It's nice to get follow-up, like ForeBwitu said. Let's hope Acuvue 2 is the one for you.

  5. #5

    Default

    No problem following up. I'm dissappointed that the Oasys didn't work out for me because my doctors says it is better for longer term eye health. The combination I'm using now is working great. I have worn them for 9 hours at least through the day without any problems when I take them out. I have been using Systane drops about 15 minutes before putting them in and after taking them out (didn't tonight and they are still doing okay).

    I guess I can't be too dissapointed. Everything so far is cheaper, including the lenses and the solutions and they are working without the horrible eye pain.

  6. #6

    Default Fantastic

    Quote Originally Posted by hbwright View Post
    No problem following up. I'm dissappointed that the Oasys didn't work out for me because my doctors says it is better for longer term eye health. The combination I'm using now is working great. I have worn them for 9 hours at least through the day without any problems when I take them out. I have been using Systane drops about 15 minutes before putting them in and after taking them out (didn't tonight and they are still doing okay).

    I guess I can't be too dissapointed. Everything so far is cheaper, including the lenses and the solutions and they are working without the horrible eye pain.
    Fantastic. I hope your contact lens success continues.

    Don't be a stranger. Ask some more questions, or see if you can answer a few.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Contact Lenses / Contact Lens Forums

    1. Daily Disposable Contact Lenses 2

      1-Day Acuvue 2, 1-Day Acuvue Moist 2, 1-Day Acuvue TruEye, Biotrue ONEday Biomedics 1 Day 2, ClearSight 1 Day, Dailies AquaComfort Plus 2, Focus Dailies 2, Proclear 1 Day 2, SofLens Daily Disposable 2,
    1. 1-2 Week Disposable Contact Lenses

      Acuvue 2, Acuvue 2 2, Acuvue Advance 2, Acuvue Oasys 2, Avaira, Biomedics 38 2, Biomedics 55 2, Biomedics 55 Premier 2, Biomedics EP, Biomedics XC 2, Extreme H20 54% 2, Extreme H2O 59% Thin 2, Extreme H2O 59% Xtra 2, FreshLook Handling Tint 2, O2 Optix 2, Precision UV 2, SofLens 38 2, SofLens 59 2, Vertex Sphere
    1. Monthly Disposable Contact Lenses

      Air Optix Aqua 2, Air Optix Night & Day Aqua, Biofinity 2, Clarity H2O, Focus Monthly Visitint 2, Focus Night & Day 2, Frequency 55 2, Frequency 55 Aspheric 2, Optima 38 SP 2, Preference 2, Preference Standard 2, Proclear Compatibles 2, PureVision 2
    1. Color Contact Lenses 2 3 4 5 6 7

      Acuvue 2 Colours - Enhancers 2, Acuvue 2 Colours - Opaques 2, Expressions Colors 2, Focus 1-2 Week SoftColors 2, FreshLook Dimensions 2, Focus Monthly SoftColors 2, FreshLook ColorBlends 2, FreshLook Colors 2, FreshLook One-Day 2
    1. Gas Permeable Contact Lenses 2 3

      Boston 7 2, Boston Envision 2, Boston EO 2, Boston Equalens 2, Boston Equalens II 2, Boston ES 2, Boston II 2, Boston IV 2, Boston RXD 2, Boston XO 2, Boston XO2 2, Flosi 2, Fluorex 300 2, Fluorex 500 2, Fluorex 700 2, Fluorocon 2, Fluoroperm 151 2, Fluoroperm 30 2, Fluoroperm 60 2, Fluoroperm 92 2, Hydro 02 2, OP-2 2, OP-10 2, OP-3 2, OP-6 2, O-Perm 30 2, O-Perm 60 2, Optacryl 60 2, Optimum Classic 2, Optimum Comfort 2, Optimum Extra 2, Optimum Extreme 2, Paragon HDS 2, Paragon HDS 100 2, Paragon Thin 2, Paraperm 02 2, Paraperm EW 2, PMMA 2, Polycon II 2, SA 18 (Phoenix 18) 2, SA 32 (Phoenix 32) 2, SGP I 2, SGP II 2, SGP III 2, Trans-aire 2
    1. Toric Contact Lenses 2 3

      Acuvue Advance for Astigmatism 2, 1-Day Acuvue Moist for Astigmatism, Avaira Toric, Extreme H20 54% Toric, Purevision 2HD, Purevision 2HD for Astigmatism, Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism 2, Air Optix for Astigmatism 2, Biomedics Toric, Biofinity Toric, ClearSight 1 Day Toric, Focus Dailies Toric 2, Focus Monthly Toric 2, Frequency 55 Toric 2, Frequency 55 Toric XR, FreshLook ColorBlends Toric 2, FreshLook Toric 2, Optima Toric 2, Preference Toric DW 2, Preference Toric XR, Proclear Toric 2, Proclear Toric XR, PureVision Toric 2, SofLens 66 Toric 2, Vertex Toric 2, Vertex Toric XR,
    1. Bifocal Contact Lenses 2

      Acuvue Bifocal 2, Biofinity Multifocal, Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia, Air Optix Aqua Multifocal, Focus Dailies Progressives 2, Frequency 55 Multifocal, Proclear Multifocal, PureVision Multi-Focal 2, SofLens Multi-Focal 2
    1. Vial Contact Lenses

      Silsoft Aphakic Adult, Silsoft Super Plus Kids, Softcon EW 2,
    1. Other Contact Lenses 2 3, & Contact Lens Care 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

      Celebrity Contact Lenses 2, Halloween Contact Lenses 2, Novelty Contact Lenses 2, Special Effects Contact Lenses 2, Sports Contact Lenses 2
  • Contact Lens Solutions

    1. Multi-Purpose Solutions

      Aquify, Biofresh, Biotrue, Clear Care, COMPLETE, OPTI-FREE EXPRESS, OPTI-FREE Pure Moist, OPTI-FREE RepleniSH, Oxysept, ReNu Fresh, ReNu Sensitive, RevitaLens, Sensitive Eyes Daily Cleaner, Sensitive Eyes Plus Saline, Ultrazyme
    1. Gas Permeable

      Boston Advance (GP), Boston Conditioning and Cleaner (GP), Boston One Step Liquid Enzymatic (GP), Boston Simplus (GP), OPTI-FREE GP
    1. Protein Removers

      OPTI-FREE Supra Clens, ReNu 1 Step liquid Protein Remover
    1. Comfort Drops

      Blink Contacts Lubricating Eye Drops, Boston Rewetting Drops (GP) COMPLETE Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops, OPTI-FREE Pure Moist Rewetting Drops OPTI-FREE RepleniSH Rewetting Drops, ReNu MultiPlus Rewetting Drops ReNu Rewetting Drops, Sensitive Eyes Rewetting Drops
  • Eyewear

    1. Eyeglasses & Reading Glasses

      Prada Eyeglasses, Armani Eyeglasses, Versace Eyeglasses, Calvin Klein Eyeglasses, Ray Ban Eyeglasses, Oakley Eyeglasses, Vogue Eyeglasses, DKNY Eyeglasses, Cazal Eyeglasses, Safilo Eyeglasses
    1. Sunglasses

      Oakley Sunglasses, Ray Ban Sunglasses, Christian Dior Sunglasses, Prada Sunglasses, Spy Sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses, Maui Jim Sunglasses, Smith Sunglasses, Versace Sunglasses, Bolle Sunglasses
  • Eye Care Forums

    1. Eye Health

      Eye Surgery 2 3 4 5, General Eye Health 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9,
    1. Eye Care Professionals

      ECP Corner
  • News

    1. News Archive

      2010 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2009 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2008 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2007 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2006 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2005 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2004 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec)