Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101
SITE SPONSOR
contact lenses

Go Back   Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101 > Contact Lens Forums > Color Contact Lenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Color Contact Lenses A discussion of all types of colored contact lenses such as Acuvue 2 Colours - Enhancers, Acuvue 2 Colours - Opaques, Expressions Accents, Expressions Colors, Focus 1-2 Week SoftColors, Focus Monthly SoftColors, FreshLook ColorBlends, FreshLook Colors Opaque, Freshlook Dimensions, FreshLook One-Day, FreshLook Radiance ...


Join Lens 101Welcome to the Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101 forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Site Sponsor
  #1  
Old 06-13-2010, 08:27 PM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default Having a hard time finding Base Curve 8.3 contacts....

So basically I have odd eyes, my right eye is 8.3 and my left is 8.6. FreshLook ColorBlends seem to only come in 8.6 which is ok for my left but not my right. I have been wearing clear but wanted to get some colored ones but it seems hard unless I invest in those viles which cost 60+ each, which would be way to much when I could get these for 60 for both.

I would also like to mention that I don't want to spend that much on something that might be uncomfortable, I mean the Freshlook has a free trial for instance. Is there a brand that makes ones similar to the Violet and Turquoise ones in 8.3?

I want to have both colors at the same time, I was really looking for a Deep red and Violet but that seemed near impossible without shoving out tons of cash on odd yearly ones. My eye color is light green/blue.

Last edited by colortime; 06-13-2010 at 11:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 AM
OrganicPete OrganicPete is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 319
Default Having a hard time finding Base Curve 8.3 contacts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
So basically I have odd eyes, my right eye is 8.3 and my left is 8.6. FreshLook ColorBlends seem to only come in 8.6 which is ok for my left but not my right. I have been wearing clear but wanted to get some colored ones but it seems hard unless I invest in those viles which cost 60+ each, which would be way to much when I could get these for 60 for both.

I would also like to mention that I don't want to spend that much on something that might be uncomfortable, I mean the Freshlook has a free trial for instance. Is there a brand that makes ones similar to the Violet and Turquoise ones in 8.3?

I want to have both colors at the same time, I was really looking for a Deep red and Violet but that seemed near impossible without shoving out tons of cash on odd yearly ones. My eye color is light green/blue.
Hi Colotime. Welcome to Lens 101. It's always nice to see someone posting for the first time.

I did a search on Lens.com for color contacts with a base curve of 8.3 and I found two. First is Acuvue 2 Colors--Opaques. They come in a base curve of 8.3 and a diameter of 14.0. They don't come in violet or turquoise, but they do have a nice Deep Blue and Sapphire. http://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/lens134.asp

Then there's Acuvue 2 Colours - Enhancers, which are similar to the Opaques except the let your true color show through a bit, so you'd be advised to find a green/blue color rather than a violet. They come in some beautiful colors: Ocean Blue, Emerald Green, and Aquamarine: http://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/lens388.asp

Let me know if you find anything you like.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-14-2010, 10:42 AM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Sadly thats not what I want but thanks for trying, I guess unlike most I want ones that do not look totally real but also do not want them to look like Halloween pieces...

Just want a unnatural or unusual colors like reds, purples, and odd blues...Am I out of luck with this...?

Basically I already have nice colored eyes, Just want something for fun honestly.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Juicer Juicer is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Sadly thats not what I want but thanks for trying, I guess unlike most I want ones that do not look totally real but also do not want them to look like Halloween pieces...

Just want a unnatural or unusual colors like reds, purples, and odd blues...Am I out of luck with this...?

Basically I already have nice colored eyes, Just want something for fun honestly.
Are you looking for novelty contacts, like cat's eye or zombie, or just regular contacts that are an unusual color?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VampireRed_eye-L1.jpg (14.7 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg 59707_wild_cateye.jpg (14.8 KB, 107 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Just unusual colors, I found this....Does this mean they would fit?

http://www.lens101.com/freshlook-colorblends/2756-freshlook-colorblends-one-base-curve-only.html

One of my eyes is 8.3 like I said while the other seems to be the 8.6 standard.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Delta88 Delta88 is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 349
Default Base Curve 8.3 Contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Just unusual colors, I found this....Does this mean they would fit?

http://www.lens101.com/freshlook-colorblends/2756-freshlook-colorblends-one-base-curve-only.html

One of my eyes is 8.3 like I said while the other seems to be the 8.6 standard.
Hi colortime.

You've got an interesting situation going on here. I'm not a eye doctor, so I don't want to just tell you "sure, go ahead," but according to that post you provided a link for, if the base curve is different by less than a millimeter, it probably will work. Still, make sure you double check with your eye doctor. I don't think Lens 101 is designed for this kind of question, unless a licensed eye doctor happens to log on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Yeah I plan on going in for that free trial at the end of the month, the trial gives you a pair to try on at home right? I am looking at the Freshlook monthly ones. So I guess he will say if they are alright, I just popped in some new ones for this month a couple days ago so I don't wanna go now and waste the free pair, man I sound cheap haha. I am guessing he wont check my eyes again since I been to him right? Just have me try them.

That post did seem reassuring though and it would make sense since they don't have other sizes...I guess no one else would know for sure though, but if you do please post here :-D
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Earthshock Earthshock is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Yeah I plan on going in for that free trial at the end of the month, the trial gives you a pair to try on at home right? I am looking at the Freshlook monthly ones. So I guess he will say if they are alright, I just popped in some new ones for this month a couple days ago so I don't wanna go now and waste the free pair, man I sound cheap haha. I am guessing he wont check my eyes again since I been to him right? Just have me try them.

That post did seem reassuring though and it would make sense since they don't have other sizes...I guess no one else would know for sure though, but if you do please post here :-D
Hello there, colortime. I see you've come in and met some of the other members. That's good.
Most eye doctors will give a free trial pair of contact lenses to wear home. FreshLook ColorBlends and other contacts like them can be worn for a month like you said, so you'll probably get one trial pair.
In general, you need to get a check up to test the health of your eyes about once a year. Fit checks for contacts happen each time you get a new brand, I suppose.

Have fun with your contacts, colortime. Don't forget to write.

"Have fun stormin' the castle!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg billy_crystal13.jpg (20.0 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by Earthshock; 08-06-2010 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:05 PM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthshock View Post
Fit checks for contacts happen each time you get a new brand

Have fun with your contacts, colortime. Don't forget to write.
Oh damn...So wait my BC can change? Well I got my contacts when I was 18 and I am now 21....I Just ordered another 6 month clear supply...should I have went for another check up?

Also they have gotten weaker but not the an extent that I cant see most things...is this bad, is wearing weaker ones bad?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Unclelar Unclelar is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 275
Default Get an Eye Exam Every Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Oh damn...So wait my BC can change? Well I got my contacts when I was 18 and I am now 21....I Just ordered another 6 month clear supply...should I have went for another check up?

Also they have gotten weaker but not the an extent that I cant see most things...is this bad, is wearing weaker ones bad?
Hi colortime.

Most people should have their eyes checked once a year, and most prescriptions expire after a year. So you ordered contact lenses with a three year old prescription??

I don't know about base curve, but your vision can certainly change in a year. The first time I got my vision checked and got glasses, I was shocked at how bad my vision was--or rather how much my vision improved once I started wearing glasses. I thought everybody looked up at the night sky and saw fuzzy blobs. Stars as pinpoints of light? Not without a telescope--or so I thought. You may be able to see "most things," but it's possible that you would be able to see a lot more things more clearly if you had a new prescription.

I don't know who you're ordering from, but it's pretty obvious that they want your money and don't much care about the health of your eyes. Otherwise they would have contacted you two years ago and asked if you had a more current prescription.
The last time you got your eyes checked, didn't you make an appointment for the following year? That's what my eye doctor always does. I have my exam, and then they take me to the desk to take care of the co-pay and to schedule my next appointment before I leave, all bleary-eyed from the pupil dilating drops.

Good luck to you colortime. I hope you eye care improves from this point on. Let us know if you have any more questions.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-14-2010, 04:11 PM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclelar View Post
Hi colortime.

Most people should have their eyes checked once a year, and most prescriptions expire after a year. So you ordered contact lenses with a three year old prescription??

I don't know about base curve, but your vision can certainly change in a year. The first time I got my vision checked and got glasses, I was shocked at how bad my vision was--or rather how much my vision improved once I started wearing glasses. I thought everybody looked up at the night sky and saw fuzzy blobs. Stars as pinpoints of light? Not without a telescope--or so I thought. You may be able to see "most things," but it's possible that you would be able to see a lot more things more clearly if you had a new prescription.

I don't know who you're ordering from, but it's pretty obvious that they want your money and don't much care about the health of your eyes. Otherwise they would have contacted you two years ago and asked if you had a more current prescription.
The last time you got your eyes checked, didn't you make an appointment for the following year? That's what my eye doctor always does. I have my exam, and then they take me to the desk to take care of the co-pay and to schedule my next appointment before I leave, all bleary-eyed from the pupil dilating drops.

Good luck to you colortime. I hope you eye care improves from this point on. Let us know if you have any more questions.
Yeah thanks seems like I got a bad doctor, now I am questioning the 8.3 also because I heard that was extremely weird and I did notice that the eye with the 8.3 contact liked to feel odd or got rips in them(I have two 8.6 left and no 8.3 because of this)

I canceled my order at coastal contacts and am gonna go to another doctor...Thanks a bunch.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
FantasyEyeland FantasyEyeland is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Yeah thanks seems like I got a bad doctor, now I am questioning the 8.3 also because I heard that was extremely weird and I did notice that the eye with the 8.3 contact liked to feel odd or got rips in them(I have two 8.6 left and no 8.3 because of this)

I canceled my order at coastal contacts and am gonna go to another doctor...Thanks a bunch.
It's nice that someone from Lens 101 could be a help to you. Would you consider buying your contact lenses from Lens.com, our sponsor, once you find a more suitable eye doctor?
In any case, I wish you well with your new eye doctor and hope you find comfortable contact lenses that give you sharp vision.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-14-2010, 07:29 PM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Yeah I think I will in the future, seems like a good priced reliable place that has all the stuff I would need, glad I found it in time before they shipped my order.

Thanks for all the help.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Kyleden Kyleden is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Yeah I think I will in the future, seems like a good priced reliable place that has all the stuff I would need, glad I found it in time before they shipped my order.

Thanks for all the help.
Looks like Lens 101 took good care of you, colortime. Please keep us posted.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 PM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Surprise Surprise....My eyes are both 8.6 that guy messed up big time...Always wondered why the right one felt odd at times...I am mad though, years of wearing wrong size...He said my eyes looked clear though so no damage, I might have a word with my old doctor....

Odd I would have never known if I didn't want colored contacts...guess things are meant to happen sometimes....
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Anthanxan Anthanxan is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 333
Default I Love a Happy Ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Surprise Surprise....My eyes are both 8.6 that guy messed up big time...Always wondered why the right one felt odd at times...I am mad though, years of wearing wrong size...He said my eyes looked clear though so no damage, I might have a word with my old doctor....

Odd I would have never known if I didn't want colored contacts...guess things are meant to happen sometimes....
I'm glad you finally got the right sized contact lenses, colortime. It's too bad it took so long and a period of wearing the wrong size. Please keep us posted and let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthanxan View Post
I'm glad you finally got the right sized contact lenses, colortime. It's too bad it took so long and a period of wearing the wrong size. Please keep us posted and let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.
Yeah Just glad there was no damage done, Can't believe he go that so wrong, I will get back to you guys on how the new ones work out, thanks
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-16-2010, 01:34 PM
BigBanker1 BigBanker1 is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 205
Default Wrong Sized Contact Lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Surprise Surprise....My eyes are both 8.6 that guy messed up big time...Always wondered why the right one felt odd at times...I am mad though, years of wearing wrong size...He said my eyes looked clear though so no damage, I might have a word with my old doctor....

Odd I would have never known if I didn't want colored contacts...guess things are meant to happen sometimes....
Wow, colortime. That's too bad. I guess the good news is that now your contact lenses will fit comfortably.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Kyleden Kyleden is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Surprise Surprise....My eyes are both 8.6 that guy messed up big time...Always wondered why the right one felt odd at times...I am mad though, years of wearing wrong size...He said my eyes looked clear though so no damage, I might have a word with my old doctor....

Odd I would have never known if I didn't want colored contacts...guess things are meant to happen sometimes....
Well I guess the fact that both of your eyes have the same base curve after all will help you find contact lenses a lot more easily. Please keep us posted.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-29-2010, 01:19 PM
colortime colortime is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40
Default



Well these are them, I am still having problems with them, hopefully its just me getting used to them, I have a thread here explaining it maybe if anyones went through this same problem....

http://www.lens101.com/freshlook-colorblends/123201-got-my-contacts-gemstone-green-turquoise-greenish-blue-eyes-pic.html
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Frodo Frodo is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post


Well these are them, I am still having problems with them, hopefully its just me getting used to them, I have a thread here explaining it maybe if anyones went through this same problem....

http://www.lens101.com/freshlook-colorblends/123201-got-my-contacts-gemstone-green-turquoise-greenish-blue-eyes-pic.html
Are those contact lenses in both eyes? Are you encouraged by the fact that I can't tell?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Unclelar Unclelar is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Yeah thanks seems like I got a bad doctor, now I am questioning the 8.3 also because I heard that was extremely weird and I did notice that the eye with the 8.3 contact liked to feel odd or got rips in them(I have two 8.6 left and no 8.3 because of this)

I canceled my order at coastal contacts and am gonna go to another doctor...Thanks a bunch.
What's new colortime? How are your new color contacts?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Delta88 Delta88 is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Surprise Surprise....My eyes are both 8.6 that guy messed up big time
Well, that should make finding color contacts a little easier if your eyes have matching base curves.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM
xDiamondxDollx xDiamondxDollx is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Hi eveyone. I'm having a similar issue with coloured lenses. I actually did a trial with normal lenses, got on with them fine so went to the opticians to try in some coloured lenses. I sat with one of the staff and I asked if I needed to have the fit checked and she said no, so I went ahead and bought 3 months supply of freshlook colourblends. When I got my lenses I noticed straight away my peripheral vision was blurry and when I looked in the mirror the lenses moved alot across my eye. I complaied to the opticians so they ordered me another brand to try (I'm not sure which ones). After looking online it seemed I needed a steeper base curve (I think freshlooks are around 8.6/7). Do you think that a 8.3 would be a significant improvement in fit? My optician wasnt particularly helpful and seemed to stock few varietys of coloured lenses. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
John Barlygreen John Barlygreen is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiamondxDollx View Post
Hi everyone. I'm having a similar issue with coloured lenses. I actually did a trial with normal lenses, got on with them fine so went to the opticians to try in some coloured lenses. I sat with one of the staff and I asked if I needed to have the fit checked and she said no, so I went ahead and bought 3 months supply of freshlook colourblends. When I got my lenses I noticed straight away my peripheral vision was blurry and when I looked in the mirror the lenses moved a lot across my eye. I complained to the opticians so they ordered me another brand to try (I'm not sure which ones). After looking online it seemed I needed a steeper base curve (I think freshlooks are around 8.6/7). Do you think that a 8.3 would be a significant improvement in fit? My optician wasn't particularly helpful and seemed to stock few varieties of coloured lenses. Thanks!
Hi there xDiamondxDollx. Welcome to Lens 101. It's so nice to see so many new people joining us.

I'm a bit confused by your statement "after looking online it seemed I needed a steeper base curve . . ." How did looking online give you the idea that you needed a steeper base curve?

This might be more helpful to you. According to ehow.com, if your contact lenses are too tight, they won't move at all. They're supposed to move a little when you blink. If they move a lot, it could be because they're too loose. You may need to find a doctor who's willing to consider the possibility that your contacts have not been fitted properly.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-05-2011, 02:04 PM
xDiamondxDollx xDiamondxDollx is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Barlygreen View Post
Hi there xDiamondxDollx. Welcome to Lens 101. It's so nice to see so many new people joining us.

I'm a bit confused by your statement "after looking online it seemed I needed a steeper base curve . . ." How did looking online give you the idea that you needed a steeper base curve?

This might be more helpful to you. According to ehow.com, if your contact lenses are too tight, they won't move at all. They're supposed to move a little when you blink. If they move a lot, it could be because they're too loose. You may need to find a doctor who's willing to consider the possibility that your contacts have not been fitted properly.
Hi! Well I called up the opticians to ask about them sliding so much as I didnt think it was normal and also the blurring then said I would need to go in to see them. In the meantime I googled the problem and from things that I read it seemed like I needed a steeper base curve as they moved alot. When I went to the opticians they didnt actually tell me what base curve I was but told me that the only other lenses available were 8.6/7. They managed ordered me another pair that were a little bit smaller (8.5 I think?) but when I went in to try them in the optician was on lunch (!!) so I just tried them in, saw they were still too loose and binned them. I hoping that trying a 8.3 may work for me as I really would like to try coloured lenses and actually be able to see! lol Have you experience any problems with peripheral blurring?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Ynot Ynot is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiamondxDollx View Post
Hi! Well I called up the opticians to ask about them sliding so much as I didnt think it was normal and also the blurring then said I would need to go in to see them. In the meantime I googled the problem and from things that I read it seemed like I needed a steeper base curve as they moved a lot. When I went to the opticians they didn't actually tell me what base curve I was but told me that the only other lenses available were 8.6/7. They ordered me another pair that were a little bit smaller (8.5 I think?) but when I went in to try them in the optician was on lunch (!!) so I just tried them in, saw they were still too loose and binned them. I hoping that trying a 8.3 may work for me as I really would like to try coloured lenses and actually be able to see! lol Have you experience any problems with peripheral blurring?
Keep trying DiamondDoll, and let us know when you find something that fits properly.

So tell me again what happened when you went to your optician's office? They were out to lunch and so you tried them on yourself and then "binned" them before the doctor even saw them on you? Was the fit exactly the same as the pair you mentioned in the earlier post? I don't think I would have been so hasty. The optician may have been able to adjust something and get them to fit you better.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Delta88 Delta88 is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiamondxDollx View Post
Hi! Well I called up the opticians to ask about them sliding so much as I didnt think it was normal and also the blurring then said I would need to go in to see them. In the meantime I googled the problem and from things that I read it seemed like I needed a steeper base curve as they moved alot. When I went to the opticians they didnt actually tell me what base curve I was but told me that the only other lenses available were 8.6/7. They managed ordered me another pair that were a little bit smaller (8.5 I think?) but when I went in to try them in the optician was on lunch (!!) so I just tried them in, saw they were still too loose and binned them. I hoping that trying a 8.3 may work for me as I really would like to try coloured lenses and actually be able to see! lol
Boy I hope your dentist is there for your next appointment . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pulling+teeth.jpg (13.7 KB, 53 views)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Wookiee74 Wookiee74 is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortime View Post
Yeah I think I will in the future, seems like a good priced reliable place that has all the stuff I would need, glad I found it in time before they shipped my order.

Thanks for all the help.
"Good priced and reliable." That should be their new slogan.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
FantasyEyeland FantasyEyeland is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 281
Default Wait For the Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta88 View Post
Boy I hope your dentist is there for your next appointment . . .
Yeah, no kidding. Sometimes "do-it-yourself" is not the smartest way to go.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Wookiee74 Wookiee74 is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyEyeland View Post
Yeah, no kidding. Sometimes "do-it-yourself" is not the smartest way to go.
I quite agree. If you need contact lenses, kids, please seek professional help.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Frodo Frodo is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 309
Default Make Them Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiamondxDollx View Post
Hi! Well I called up the opticians to ask about them sliding so much as I didnt think it was normal and also the blurring then said I would need to go in to see them. In the meantime I googled the problem and from things that I read it seemed like I needed a steeper base curve as they moved alot. When I went to the opticians they didnt actually tell me what base curve I was but told me that the only other lenses available were 8.6/7. They managed ordered me another pair that were a little bit smaller (8.5 I think?) but when I went in to try them in the optician was on lunch (!!) so I just tried them in, saw they were still too loose and binned them. I hoping that trying a 8.3 may work for me as I really would like to try coloured lenses and actually be able to see! lol Have you experience any problems with peripheral blurring?
Perhaps you shouldn't have thrown those lenses away. Like Ynot said, if you had waited for the doctor to fit you properly, he or she could have made them work for you.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Kyleden Kyleden is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 358
Default Anything Useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiamondxDollx View Post
Hi! Well I called up the opticians to ask about them sliding so much as I didnt think it was normal and also the blurring then said I would need to go in to see them. In the meantime I googled the problem and from things that I read it seemed like I needed a steeper base curve as they moved alot. When I went to the opticians they didnt actually tell me what base curve I was but told me that the only other lenses available were 8.6/7. They managed ordered me another pair that were a little bit smaller (8.5 I think?) but when I went in to try them in the optician was on lunch (!!) so I just tried them in, saw they were still too loose and binned them. I hoping that trying a 8.3 may work for me as I really would like to try coloured lenses and actually be able to see! lol Have you experience any problems with peripheral blurring?
What's going on, xDiamondxDollx? Have you found any useable color contact lenses?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-17-2011, 12:01 PM
friendlinzh friendlinzh is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 15
Default

i agree with you,i like this forum
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Frodo Frodo is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 309
Default How Did You Get Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlinzh View Post
i agree with you,i like this forum
Hi friendlinzh. Who are you agreeing with? How did you find Lens 101?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-19-2011, 02:31 PM
John Barlygreen John Barlygreen is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlinzh View Post
i agree with you,i like this forum
I'm glad you like it, friendlinzh. Do you wear color contact lenses?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 PM
OrganicPete OrganicPete is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 319
Default This is a Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Barlygreen View Post
I'm glad you like it, friendlinzh. Do you wear color contact lenses?
It appears that friendlinzh replied with the same words six times on this forum. I think he or she is trying to get to the magic number of posts before they can pose for pictures. Either that or we're dealing with a robot here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 128826456736633370.jpg (30.8 KB, 30 views)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Kyleden Kyleden is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 358
Default I Hope Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicPete View Post
It appears that friendlinzh replied with the same words six times on this forum. I think he or she is trying to get to the magic number of posts before they can pose for pictures. Either that or we're dealing with a robot here.
Hopefully not a robot cat that speaks Japanese.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-28-2011, 01:47 PM
John Barlygreen John Barlygreen is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 291
Default Which Robot Cat Would You Like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleden View Post
Hopefully not a robot cat that speaks Japanese.
How about a robot cat that makes bubbles?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-28-2011, 02:06 PM
FantasyEyeland FantasyEyeland is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta88 View Post
Boy I hope your dentist is there for your next appointment . . .
Yeah, no kidding. Being impatient is one thing, but wow. Let the professionals do their jobs people!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Anthanxan Anthanxan is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlinzh View Post
i agree with you,i like this forum
What else do you have to say, friendlinzh? Do you wear color contact lenses? Do you ever wear glasses?

Would you say that it is already too late to reverse the deleterious consequences of the virtual environmental collapse that intrinsically confronts us?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Frodo Frodo is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthanxan View Post
Would you say that it is already too late to reverse the deleterious consequences of the virtual environmental collapse that intrinsically confronts us?
Nah. We've got time to reverse environmental collapse.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-19-2011, 02:02 PM
wangyang78 wangyang78 is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Default

red song bears what exactly is a force ? In Xiamen, there is such a couple , the wife insisted her husband sang 210 days ear red song , finally wake up her husband unconscious in a car accident .
( Xiamen integrated media )
welcome to comment to comment
microblogging Recommended | today's hot microblogging ( edit : SN056)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Teddikitty Teddikitty is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Nah. We've got time to reverse environmental collapse.
Well, good. I feel much better now.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Kyleden Kyleden is offline
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 358
Default Feels Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddikitty View Post
Well, good. I feel much better now.
Good. We've got a feel-good thread going on here. I like it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark This Site
Add a link on your site or blog
Color Contact Lenses Ask a question about Color Contact Lenses , start a discussion, share your opinion, or write an online review and share your experience with Color Contact Lenses contact lenses.

Copy and Paste HTML Below:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Contact Lenses

/ Contact Lens Forums
Daily Disposable Contact Lenses 2
1-2 Week Disposable Contact Lenses
Monthly Disposable Contact Lenses
Color Contact Lenses 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gas Permeable Contact Lenses 2 3
Toric Contact Lenses 2 3
Bifocal Contact Lenses 2
Vial Contact Lenses
Other Contact Lenses 2 3, & Contact Lens Care 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2010 eyeTopics.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

Any materials provided on this web site are for informational purposes only. Have your eyes examined regularly and always follow your eye care professional's instructions for the proper use and care of your contact lenses. IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY UNEXPLAINED EYE DISCOMFORT, WATERING, VISION CHANGE OR REDNESS, REMOVE YOUR LENSES IMMEDIATELY AND CONSULT YOUR EYE CARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE WEARING YOUR CONTACT LENSES AGAIN.

Site operated by eyeTopics.com, Inc.