Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Solotica & Fxeyes on dark brown eyes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default Solotica & Fxeyes on dark brown eyes

    Hi guys,
    I've been wearing coloured contact lenses for 12 years (I felt so old suddenly) and I thought a review would be helpful for those with dark brown eyes like me.

    Will start with Solotica NC Quartzo:
    Those used to be my fav, quite old pics I already threw them away and never got a new pair as the new colour looks a lot darker & blue-ish right now. I liked them when they were grey/green.

    quartzo2.jpg

    quartzo3.jpg

    Solotica Hidrocor Mel
    They are the most natural looking ones but not a big change in colour when indoors/at night. By the way I find Hidrocor is more comfy than NC (never tried Hidrocharme as I don't like the limbal ring).

    mel1x.jpg

    mel2.jpg

    Solotica Hidrocor Ice
    They look more blue than grey (on dark brown eyes). I really like the dramatic change in colour. They look much better with a proper makeup though

    ice2.jpg

    Solotica NC Topazio
    Umm.. I'm not so sure about them. My ones look way darker irl (unlike everyone else's ) and I must say it caused a slight disappointment.

    topazio2.jpg

    topazio1.jpg

    Solotica Hidrosummer Gloss Azul
    Worn twice. They were extremely uncomfortable, sadly, and I could only wear them 3 hours max - was more than enough. They left me with extremely tired, itchy and red eyes. Not planning to wear them ever again.

    azul2.jpg

    Fxeyes - Livia
    Definitely my fav at the moment. It was very risky for me to pick that colour as I couldn't find ANYTHING on the internet about Livia's but I fell in love with them when I saw their vid, so I decided to take the risk. I'm glad I did. Pupil size 3.8 mm gave me a little tunnel vision but eyes adjust I think because I felt like I just got used to it. No problem in the day anyways, only when it gets a bit darker. I managed to wear them for 8 hours and my eyes were alright, not a slight redness at all. I'm very happy with them. Definitely worth the wait (and 400! )

    livia1.jpg

    livia2.jpg

    livia3.jpg

    That's all for now, hope you find this review helpful.

  2. #2

    Default

    How did you find out your pupil size? I'm almost to the point of ordering some FXeyes and love the Livia

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingr View Post
    How did you find out your pupil size? I'm almost to the point of ordering some FXeyes and love the Livia
    Doctor told me my pupil size was measured 4mm (dim light), you just need to ask the optician for it as I don't think they normally do that.

    I was in between Livia, Adriana and Foxx - it took me ages to decide. Livia is a really nice colour I'm quite happy with my decision.

  4. #4

    Default

    i love you hand painted lenses they look so freaking awesome

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Thank you x

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Those Livias look just stunning on you! You must be absolutely thrilled with them. Even in the macro shots, they don't look like contacts. As much as I love my Soloticas, I have to admit, these are way, way nicer. It's just astonishing the way they're able to replicate the subtle nuances of a natural iris. They have some extraordinarily talented artists! Did you have these toned down at all, or is this the standard Livia color? I think the main thing that makes them look so "real" is the 3.8 mm pupil hole. My biggest complaint with most colored lenses is that the pupil hole is too big and the natural color peeks out <the dreaded "giveaway">. But I've been a little concerned that I might not be able to see well enough to drive with a super-tight pupil hole, esp at night. Would you say these are a daytime-only lens? Hmm, perhaps I'll just hire a chauffeur!

    Did they tell you not to use Clear Care or other peroxide systems to clean your Fx lenses? I've heard that they're prone to fading and for that reason, a lot of people only use multi-purpose cleaners on them. I'm allergic to those and can only use Clear Care. I'd sure hate to spend all that money, only to have the color fade away.

    I think your Soloticas look great too (the Hidrosummer Gloss, not so much...kind of fake and sticker-ish). Solotica has definitely been having some color and opacity inconsistencies lately. However, my Quartzos from March 2012 look pretty much the same as yours - mostly grey/green with just the tiniest hint of blue. But that could be because my natural color is green/hazel. On dark brown eyes, they may show up more blue. Your Topazios look nice, but they are def darker than mine, which are so bright I actually wish I could fade them a bit so they'd be a little more believable in daylight. Love the color of your Mels. Unfortunately, it seems no one gets the lovely shade of green that you got anymore. The Mels being sold now all seem to give a muddy, brownish, olive green - quite dark - and in some case, there's barely any color change at all. Solotica has the capability to produce some fantastic colored lenses, so I'm wondering if the current problems are because of cost-cutting measures. Nowadays, it's somewhat of a gamble ordering them. They could look amazing, or you might end up very disappointed. I sure hope they get their act together and return to the quality and consistency they had before.

    Thanks so much for your detailed review and the great pictures. I'm sure this will be quite helpful to a lot of people. Enjoy your Livias!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocker View Post
    Those Livias look just stunning on you! You must be absolutely thrilled with them. Even in the macro shots, they don't look like contacts. As much as I love my Soloticas, I have to admit, these are way, way nicer. It's just astonishing the way they're able to replicate the subtle nuances of a natural iris. They have some extraordinarily talented artists! Did you have these toned down at all, or is this the standard Livia color? I think the main thing that makes them look so "real" is the 3.8 mm pupil hole. My biggest complaint with most colored lenses is that the pupil hole is too big and the natural color peeks out <the dreaded "giveaway">. But I've been a little concerned that I might not be able to see well enough to drive with a super-tight pupil hole, esp at night. Would you say these are a daytime-only lens? Hmm, perhaps I'll just hire a chauffeur!

    Did they tell you not to use Clear Care or other peroxide systems to clean your Fx lenses? I've heard that they're prone to fading and for that reason, a lot of people only use multi-purpose cleaners on them. I'm allergic to those and can only use Clear Care. I'd sure hate to spend all that money, only to have the color fade away.

    I think your Soloticas look great too (the Hidrosummer Gloss, not so much...kind of fake and sticker-ish). Solotica has definitely been having some color and opacity inconsistencies lately. However, my Quartzos from March 2012 look pretty much the same as yours - mostly grey/green with just the tiniest hint of blue. But that could be because my natural color is green/hazel. On dark brown eyes, they may show up more blue. Your Topazios look nice, but they are def darker than mine, which are so bright I actually wish I could fade them a bit so they'd be a little more believable in daylight. Love the color of your Mels. Unfortunately, it seems no one gets the lovely shade of green that you got anymore. The Mels being sold now all seem to give a muddy, brownish, olive green - quite dark - and in some case, there's barely any color change at all. Solotica has the capability to produce some fantastic colored lenses, so I'm wondering if the current problems are because of cost-cutting measures. Nowadays, it's somewhat of a gamble ordering them. They could look amazing, or you might end up very disappointed. I sure hope they get their act together and return to the quality and consistency they had before.

    Thanks so much for your detailed review and the great pictures. I'm sure this will be quite helpful to a lot of people. Enjoy your Livias!
    Thank you for the lovely comments, Shamrocker! I love my Livias a lot, idd. I wouldn't recommend wearing contact lenses with small pupil holes while driving, I still wear my Soloticas if I need to drive or if I'm going out at night. Though if you order fxeyes you can always ask for 4.5mm / 5mm feathered pupil hole, it would still look natural but you wouldn't get the tunnel vision. But I think the smaller the pupil hole is, the better they look.

    Quartzo used to be my favourite in the past - I was so in love with them! But as you said, they have some colour/opacity inconsistencies which makes me think twice before ordering. I want to try "Hidrocor Ocre", but I don't want to take the risk so just waiting for now.

    Topazio could actually be my new favourite - they once had a lovely colour!.. Everyone had those great, bright blue Topazios so I ordered a pair, then I received these dark blue ones ... It was very disappointing. I've probably worn them 4-5 times total (got them over a year ago).

    Anyway I'm happy with my Livias now. Along with the contacts they sent me a piece of paper with a list of brands I shouldn't use for cleaning the lenses, but mine wasn't on the list anyways (opti-free) so I didn't really pay much attention. I can't remember if Clear Care was on that list. I'll let you know if I find that paper somewhere (quite unlikely) Actually - you can ask them yourself, they reply to emails within a day and I think their customer service is brilliant.

    As far as I know, they paint them again if the colour fades and they don't charge you for that. I hope it won't happen to mine - as I live in the UK it would be very difficult to send it back etc. I think they paint them up to 3 times without charging the customer if there's a problem with the colour.


    Again thank you very much for your comments and compliments

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Oh by the way, this is the original Livia colour they were not toned down x

  9. #9

    Default Help with colored Contact Lens!

    Hi All! I am new to this site. I've been trying to find a good pair of natural looking colored contact lens for a while now, and haven't had any success. The colored contact pics posted in this form look so naturally the fx eyes. Do you guys have any other suggestions for natural looking colored contact lens? I have light brown/medium brown eyes and kind of want to try green, blue, or even a light hazel. Thanks soooo so much!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagu View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've been wearing coloured contact lenses for 12 years (I felt so old suddenly) and I thought a review would be helpful for those with dark brown eyes like me.

    Will start with Solotica NC Quartzo:
    Those used to be my fav, quite old pics I already threw them away and never got a new pair as the new colour looks a lot darker & blue-ish right now. I liked them when they were grey/green.

    quartzo2.jpg

    quartzo3.jpg

    Solotica Hidrocor Mel
    They are the most natural looking ones but not a big change in colour when indoors/at night. By the way I find Hidrocor is more comfy than NC (never tried Hidrocharme as I don't like the limbal ring).

    mel1x.jpg

    mel2.jpg

    Solotica Hidrocor Ice
    They look more blue than grey (on dark brown eyes). I really like the dramatic change in colour. They look much better with a proper makeup though

    ice2.jpg

    Solotica NC Topazio
    Umm.. I'm not so sure about them. My ones look way darker irl (unlike everyone else's ) and I must say it caused a slight disappointment.

    topazio2.jpg

    topazio1.jpg

    Solotica Hidrosummer Gloss Azul
    Worn twice. They were extremely uncomfortable, sadly, and I could only wear them 3 hours max - was more than enough. They left me with extremely tired, itchy and red eyes. Not planning to wear them ever again.

    azul2.jpg

    Fxeyes - Livia
    Definitely my fav at the moment. It was very risky for me to pick that colour as I couldn't find ANYTHING on the internet about Livia's but I fell in love with them when I saw their vid, so I decided to take the risk. I'm glad I did. Pupil size 3.8 mm gave me a little tunnel vision but eyes adjust I think because I felt like I just got used to it. No problem in the day anyways, only when it gets a bit darker. I managed to wear them for 8 hours and my eyes were alright, not a slight redness at all. I'm very happy with them. Definitely worth the wait (and 400! )

    livia1.jpg

    livia2.jpg

    livia3.jpg

    That's all for now, hope you find this review helpful.
    Out of all the pictures you posted of the opaque lenses....I like the last set of pictures the most.....(presumably those are the fxeyes?)....I liked the mel's the least as they looked "muddy" and looked lackluster.

    THe fxeyes lenses are the most stunning on you and look the most realistic.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy83 View Post
    Hi All! I am new to this site. I've been trying to find a good pair of natural looking colored contact lens for a while now, and haven't had any success. The colored contact pics posted in this form look so naturally the fx eyes. Do you guys have any other suggestions for natural looking colored contact lens? I have light brown/medium brown eyes and kind of want to try green, blue, or even a light hazel. Thanks soooo so much!!!
    Solotica is good as well check them out

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvbostonxo2's View Post
    Out of all the pictures you posted of the opaque lenses....I like the last set of pictures the most.....(presumably those are the fxeyes?)....I liked the mel's the least as they looked "muddy" and looked lackluster.

    THe fxeyes lenses are the most stunning on you and look the most realistic.
    Yeah the last ones are fxeyes - livia, thank you very much.

    I actually like the Mels as they look very natural in person. And less muddy than how they look on the pictures.

  13. #13

    Default

    WOW.. those Livia's are stunning... well you are stunning in them

    your topazes are quite dark... when did you get them? I noticed a difference between the last two batches I ordered, the latest ones been less opaque.

    Anyway, than you o much for sharing your incredible collection!

  14. #14

    Default

    Do u wear ur colored contacts everyday?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vibrant Lt. Blue Opaques for Dark Brown Eyes?
    By jokky in forum Color Contact Lenses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2015, 08:51 AM
  2. Can Expressions Colors Change Dark Brown Eyes?
    By Pudgefisk in forum Expressions Colors
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 02:24 AM
  3. My own pictures. FL Colorblends on dark dark brown eyes:)
    By sd121016 in forum FreshLook ColorBlends
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 05:56 PM
  4. Vibrant Lt. Blue Opaques for Dark Brown Eyes?
    By harsha in forum Color Contact Lenses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 11:15 PM
  5. FreshLook Colors Opaque For Dark Brown Eyes
    By John316 in forum FreshLook Colors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Contact Lenses / Contact Lens Forums

    1. Daily Disposable Contact Lenses 2

      1-Day Acuvue 2, 1-Day Acuvue Moist 2, 1-Day Acuvue TruEye, Biotrue ONEday Biomedics 1 Day 2, ClearSight 1 Day, Dailies AquaComfort Plus 2, Focus Dailies 2, Proclear 1 Day 2, SofLens Daily Disposable 2,
    1. 1-2 Week Disposable Contact Lenses

      Acuvue 2, Acuvue 2 2, Acuvue Advance 2, Acuvue Oasys 2, Avaira, Biomedics 38 2, Biomedics 55 2, Biomedics 55 Premier 2, Biomedics EP, Biomedics XC 2, Extreme H20 54% 2, Extreme H2O 59% Thin 2, Extreme H2O 59% Xtra 2, FreshLook Handling Tint 2, O2 Optix 2, Precision UV 2, SofLens 38 2, SofLens 59 2, Vertex Sphere
    1. Monthly Disposable Contact Lenses

      Air Optix Aqua 2, Air Optix Night & Day Aqua, Biofinity 2, Clarity H2O, Focus Monthly Visitint 2, Focus Night & Day 2, Frequency 55 2, Frequency 55 Aspheric 2, Optima 38 SP 2, Preference 2, Preference Standard 2, Proclear Compatibles 2, PureVision 2
    1. Color Contact Lenses 2 3 4 5 6 7

      Acuvue 2 Colours - Enhancers 2, Acuvue 2 Colours - Opaques 2, Expressions Colors 2, Focus 1-2 Week SoftColors 2, FreshLook Dimensions 2, Focus Monthly SoftColors 2, FreshLook ColorBlends 2, FreshLook Colors 2, FreshLook One-Day 2
    1. Gas Permeable Contact Lenses 2 3

      Boston 7 2, Boston Envision 2, Boston EO 2, Boston Equalens 2, Boston Equalens II 2, Boston ES 2, Boston II 2, Boston IV 2, Boston RXD 2, Boston XO 2, Boston XO2 2, Flosi 2, Fluorex 300 2, Fluorex 500 2, Fluorex 700 2, Fluorocon 2, Fluoroperm 151 2, Fluoroperm 30 2, Fluoroperm 60 2, Fluoroperm 92 2, Hydro 02 2, OP-2 2, OP-10 2, OP-3 2, OP-6 2, O-Perm 30 2, O-Perm 60 2, Optacryl 60 2, Optimum Classic 2, Optimum Comfort 2, Optimum Extra 2, Optimum Extreme 2, Paragon HDS 2, Paragon HDS 100 2, Paragon Thin 2, Paraperm 02 2, Paraperm EW 2, PMMA 2, Polycon II 2, SA 18 (Phoenix 18) 2, SA 32 (Phoenix 32) 2, SGP I 2, SGP II 2, SGP III 2, Trans-aire 2
    1. Toric Contact Lenses 2 3

      Acuvue Advance for Astigmatism 2, 1-Day Acuvue Moist for Astigmatism, Avaira Toric, Extreme H20 54% Toric, Purevision 2HD, Purevision 2HD for Astigmatism, Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism 2, Air Optix for Astigmatism 2, Biomedics Toric, Biofinity Toric, ClearSight 1 Day Toric, Focus Dailies Toric 2, Focus Monthly Toric 2, Frequency 55 Toric 2, Frequency 55 Toric XR, FreshLook ColorBlends Toric 2, FreshLook Toric 2, Optima Toric 2, Preference Toric DW 2, Preference Toric XR, Proclear Toric 2, Proclear Toric XR, PureVision Toric 2, SofLens 66 Toric 2, Vertex Toric 2, Vertex Toric XR,
    1. Bifocal Contact Lenses 2

      Acuvue Bifocal 2, Biofinity Multifocal, Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia, Air Optix Aqua Multifocal, Focus Dailies Progressives 2, Frequency 55 Multifocal, Proclear Multifocal, PureVision Multi-Focal 2, SofLens Multi-Focal 2
    1. Vial Contact Lenses

      Silsoft Aphakic Adult, Silsoft Super Plus Kids, Softcon EW 2,
    1. Other Contact Lenses 2 3, & Contact Lens Care 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

      Celebrity Contact Lenses 2, Halloween Contact Lenses 2, Novelty Contact Lenses 2, Special Effects Contact Lenses 2, Sports Contact Lenses 2
  • Contact Lens Solutions

    1. Multi-Purpose Solutions

      Aquify, Biofresh, Biotrue, Clear Care, COMPLETE, OPTI-FREE EXPRESS, OPTI-FREE Pure Moist, OPTI-FREE RepleniSH, Oxysept, ReNu Fresh, ReNu Sensitive, RevitaLens, Sensitive Eyes Daily Cleaner, Sensitive Eyes Plus Saline, Ultrazyme
    1. Gas Permeable

      Boston Advance (GP), Boston Conditioning and Cleaner (GP), Boston One Step Liquid Enzymatic (GP), Boston Simplus (GP), OPTI-FREE GP
    1. Protein Removers

      OPTI-FREE Supra Clens, ReNu 1 Step liquid Protein Remover
    1. Comfort Drops

      Blink Contacts Lubricating Eye Drops, Boston Rewetting Drops (GP) COMPLETE Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops, OPTI-FREE Pure Moist Rewetting Drops OPTI-FREE RepleniSH Rewetting Drops, ReNu MultiPlus Rewetting Drops ReNu Rewetting Drops, Sensitive Eyes Rewetting Drops
  • Eyewear

    1. Eyeglasses & Reading Glasses

      Prada Eyeglasses, Armani Eyeglasses, Versace Eyeglasses, Calvin Klein Eyeglasses, Ray Ban Eyeglasses, Oakley Eyeglasses, Vogue Eyeglasses, DKNY Eyeglasses, Cazal Eyeglasses, Safilo Eyeglasses
    1. Sunglasses

      Oakley Sunglasses, Ray Ban Sunglasses, Christian Dior Sunglasses, Prada Sunglasses, Spy Sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses, Maui Jim Sunglasses, Smith Sunglasses, Versace Sunglasses, Bolle Sunglasses
  • Eye Care Forums

    1. Eye Health

      Eye Surgery 2 3 4 5, General Eye Health 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9,
    1. Eye Care Professionals

      ECP Corner
  • News

    1. News Archive

      2010 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2009 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2008 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2007 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2006 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2005 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2004 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec)