Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101
SITE SPONSOR
contact lenses

Go Back   Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101 > Contact Lens Forums > Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Daily Disposable Contact Lenses A discussion of daily disposable contact lenses such as 1-Day Acuvue, 1-Day Acuvue Moist, 1-Day Acuvue TruEye, Biomedics 1 Day, Dailies AquaComfort Plus, Focus Dailies, Proclear 1 Day, Soflens Daily Disposable, SofLens One Day


Join Lens 101Welcome to the Contact Lenses Forum - Lens 101 forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Can You Change Your Disposable Contacts in the Morning?

This is a discussion on Can You Change Your Disposable Contacts in the Morning? within the Daily Disposable Contact Lenses forums; I know that everybody is told with daily disposable contact lenses to discard them before ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Site Sponsor
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 476
Default Can You Change Your Disposable Contacts in the Morning?

I know that everybody is told with daily disposable contact lenses to discard them before they go to sleep at night and then put in a fresh pair in the morning.
Are there any daily disposables that can actually be worn for 24 hours straight, from morning to morning?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 493
Default Changing Your Disposable Contacts in the Morning

This is not recommended. The daily disposable contacts are made of a material that doesn't "breathe" well over night. So as they say on TV: "Use only as directed."
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 476
Default Because I Said So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosetyler View Post
This is not recommended. The daily disposable contacts are made of a material that doesn't "breathe" well over night. So as they say on TV: "Use only as directed."
OK, great. I'm glad you explained it. Sometimes people just say no, and then I have to fall on the floor and wail "But whyyyyyyyyyyyy????"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temper_tantrum.jpg (13.4 KB, 72 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 493
Default Tantrum Averted

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT View Post
OK, great. I'm glad you explained it. Sometimes people just say no, and then I have to fall on the floor and wail "But whyyyyyyyyyyyy????"
Well . . . I'm sure glad you didn't have to resort to that!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Freshman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10
Default

don't wear it for sleep. the lens will press your eye balls and make eyes feel tired and dry coz the lens are made of some plastic material "cannot breathe"or "seal"
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsshop View Post
don't wear it for sleep. the lens will press your eye balls and make eyes feel tired and dry coz the lens are made of some plastic material "cannot breathe"or "seal"
Yes, more or less what Rose Tyler said, right?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Ph.D.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT View Post
Yes, more or less what Rose Tyler said, right?
I will add something here. Johnson & Johnson have a high oxygen permeable silicone hydrogel daily disposable lens called 1 Day Acuvue TruEye. It's available in Europe, but the folks in N America will have to wait a little while longer (weeks only)

That, in theory, would address most of the oxygen starvation problems associated with overnight contact lens wear.

However, wearing the lens overnight and then putting fresh lenses in the next morning is rather similar to wearing an extended wear lens. Extended wear lenses are associated with at least a 5 times greater risk of corneal infection/corneal ulcers. These are painful and potentially can cause permanent vision damage. You don't want to go there.

knotlob
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 526
Default 1 Day Acuvue TruEyes Are Avalaible Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
I will add something here. Johnson & Johnson have a high oxygen permeable silicone hydrogel daily disposable lens called 1 Day Acuvue TruEye. It's available in Europe, but the folks in N America will have to wait a little while longer (weeks only)

knotlob
According to acuvue-now.com: "This new lens is now available in many countries in Europe and Asia/Pacific Rim. 1-Day Acuvue TruEye will be launched in North America in Q2,Q3 2010." So now that it's the end of June, and TruEyes are available in many fine contact lens outlets, including our very own sponsor Lens.com: http://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/lens640.asp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg J15.JPG (21.6 KB, 59 views)
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Ph.D.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
According to acuvue-now.com: "This new lens is now available in many countries in Europe and Asia/Pacific Rim. 1-Day Acuvue TruEye will be launched in North America in Q2,Q3 2010." So now that it's the end of June, and TruEyes are available in many fine contact lens outlets, including our very own sponsor Lens.com: http://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/lens640.asp
Thanks for the update timetraveler. I wonder what the demand will be for them.

knotlob
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 432
Default The Demand For TruEyes Contact Lenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
Thanks for the update timetraveler. I wonder what the demand will be for them.

knotlob
That's a good question. Since you mentioned them on this forum a few months ago, I think that has created some curiosity and interest in the new product.

Okay, Lens 101 Nation. Time to speak up! Do these fancy new TruEye contact lenses have your attention?
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Ph.D.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox05 View Post
That's a good question. Since you mentioned them on this forum a few months ago, I think that has created some curiosity and interest in the new product.

Okay, Lens 101 Nation. Time to speak up! Do these fancy new TruEye contact lenses have your attention?
Doctor G has posted some time ago that he would likely prescribe them due to their obvious oxygen permeable benefits and probably also due to their resistance to protein deposits compared to conventional hydrogel daily disposable lenses. They will be a little more expensive I guess.

knotlob
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
Doctor G has posted some time ago that he would likely prescribe them due to their obvious oxygen permeable benefits and probably also due to their resistance to protein deposits compared to conventional hydrogel daily disposable lenses. They will be a little more expensive I guess.

knotlob
Sounds good Knotlob. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Ph.D.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT View Post
Sounds good Knotlob. Thanks.
Lens.com seem to have some good deals on Johnson & Johnson Acuvue 1 day TruEye at present. Might be worth a punt to try them if you can get a prescription, without paying an arm and a leg for it.

knotlob
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
Lens.com seem to have some good deals on Johnson & Johnson Acuvue 1 day TruEye at present. Might be worth a punt to try them if you can get a prescription, without paying an arm and a leg for it.

knotlob
You mean a punt like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Punt2.jpg (22.5 KB, 50 views)
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Ph.D.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicPete View Post
You mean a punt like this?
Eh, no! Maybe a UK expression .

Punting colloquially is betting or trying something out once!

Try and see if these new lenses are OK or not worth the change.

knotlob
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicPete View Post
You mean a punt like this?
Nice punt.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
Lens.com seem to have some good deals on Johnson & Johnson Acuvue 1 day TruEye at present. Might be worth a punt to try them if you can get a prescription, without paying an arm and a leg for it.

knotlob
Here in the US, where people play football with their hands and their feet, a "punt" is a way of telling the other team "Well, we've not had much luck moving this prolate spheroid a mere ten yards, so you can have it."



"Back there."
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
Lens.com seem to have some good deals on Johnson & Johnson Acuvue 1 day TruEye at present. Might be worth a punt to try them if you can get a prescription, without paying an arm and a leg for it.

knotlob
So has anyone here bought contact lenses from Lens.com? I'd be interested to hear what kind of shopping experience you've had.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 432
Default A Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT View Post
OK, great. I'm glad you explained it. Sometimes people just say no, and then I have to fall on the floor and wail "But whyyyyyyyyyyyy????"
I've seen it. All that kicking and screaming and rolling around. It's very embarrassing.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox05 View Post
I've seen it. All that kicking and screaming and rolling around. It's very embarrassing.
Yeah, and it's embarrassing when little kids do it too.
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 432
Default Good Joke Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicPete View Post
Here in the US, where people play football with their hands and their feet, a "punt" is a way of telling the other team "Well, we've not had much luck moving this prolate spheroid a mere ten yards, so you can have it."

*Punt!*

"Back there."
My screen name might be a reference to a baseball team, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good football joke.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT View Post
Yes, more or less what Rose Tyler said, right?
Yes, more or less, although there wasn't anything about pressed eyeballs.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 493
Default Available at Lens.com Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
According to acuvue-now.com: "This new lens is now available in many countries in Europe and Asia/Pacific Rim. 1-Day Acuvue TruEye will be launched in North America in Q2,Q3 2010." So now that it's the end of June, and TruEyes are available in many fine contact lens outlets, including our very own sponsor Lens.com: http://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/lens640.asp
They're heeeeeere!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg J15.JPG (21.6 KB, 26 views)
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
I will add something here. Johnson & Johnson have a high oxygen permeable silicone hydrogel daily disposable lens called 1 Day Acuvue TruEye. It's available in Europe, but the folks in N America will have to wait a little while longer (weeks only)

knotlob
Where did you get this little tidbit of information, Knotlob? Do you subscribe to an ophthalmology magazine or something?
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Ph.D.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
Where did you get this little tidbit of information, Knotlob? Do you subscribe to an ophthalmology magazine or something?
No, I must have seen it on the Internet somewhere or even someone else on this forum may have given me the nod.

There is lots of information available, even on non contact lens sites.

I saw a little gem that said that Bausch & Lomb were discontinuing production of all "no rub" contact lens solutions as they are not as effective as solutions which you do need to rub the lens. That was in a newsletter this week from a UK contact lens mail order company.

Lurker 2010 will certainly agree with that.

knotlob
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
No, I must have seen it on the Internet somewhere or even someone else on this forum may have given me the nod.

There is lots of information available, even on non contact lens sites.

I saw a little gem that said that Bausch & Lomb were discontinuing production of all "no rub" contact lens solutions as they are not as effective as solutions which you do need to rub the lens. That was in a newsletter this week from a UK contact lens mail order company.

Lurker 2010 will certainly agree with that.

knotlob
I found this on a competitor's site, but you don't need to go there. Here's what the article says:

Bausch and Lomb have decided to move away from the idea of “no-rub” contact lens solutions, and are removing the phrase from all their existing solutions. Many doctors have always advised their patients to rub their lenses as part of a cleaning regimen because studies have shown the rubbing the contact lens while cleaning it does a better job of cleaning the lens surface. Contact lens wearers have enjoyed the convenience of a “no-rub” cleaning program, but for Bausch and Lomb at least, that convenience is not worth the increased risk of infection and other contact lens related optical problems.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthanxan View Post
I found this on a competitor's site, but you don't need to go there. Here's what the article says:

Bausch and Lomb have decided to move away from the idea of “no-rub” contact lens solutions, and are removing the phrase from all their existing solutions. Many doctors have always advised their patients to rub their lenses as part of a cleaning regimen because studies have shown the rubbing the contact lens while cleaning it does a better job of cleaning the lens surface. Contact lens wearers have enjoyed the convenience of a “no-rub” cleaning program, but for Bausch and Lomb at least, that convenience is not worth the increased risk of infection and other contact lens related optical problems.
All right, you read the article. Let's get rubbing, people!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fxcuse_LensRub.jpg (35.9 KB, 20 views)
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 407
Default It's Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosetyler View Post
This is not recommended. The daily disposable contacts are made of a material that doesn't "breathe" well over night. So as they say on TV: "Use only as directed."
So the 12 hours from midnight to noon are different from the 12 hours from noon to midnight I guess, huh?
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Ph.D.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,144
Default What's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittvid View Post
So the 12 hours from midnight to noon are different from the 12 hours from noon to midnight I guess, huh?
As Rosetyler has posted, Daily Disposables are usually made of a low Dk material so if you sleep in them, (doesn't matter what time of day, e.g. night shift workers, etc). then with your eyes closed, during sleep the eye suffers serious oxygen deprivation. As a result, the eye ball will swell a lot more than the 4% it normally does without any contact lenses in, or the 5% it would be expected to swell if wearing silicone hydrogel high Dk lenses during sleep.

There is a clue in the name - Daily Disposable Lenses as opposed to Night & Day or Nightly Disposable lenses .

knotlob
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
As Rosetyler has posted, Daily Disposables are usually made of a low Dk material so if you sleep in them, (doesn't matter what time of day, e.g. night shift workers, etc). then with your eyes closed, during sleep the eye suffers serious oxygen deprivation. As a result, the eye ball will swell a lot more than the 4% it normally does without any contact lenses in, or the 5% it would be expected to swell if wearing silicone hydrogel high Dk lenses during sleep.

There is a clue in the name - Daily Disposable Lenses as opposed to Night & Day or Nightly Disposable lenses .

knotlob
So it's not about the time of day, but whether your eyes are open or closed, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winking_natalie_by_cweeks.jpg (21.0 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Ph.D.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragongirl81 View Post
So it's not about the time of day, but whether your eyes are open or closed, right?
Yes, that is the general gist of the matter .

knotlob
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 467
Default Thanks For That

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragongirl81 View Post
So it's not about the time of day, but whether your eyes are open or closed, right?
Thanks for the Natalie Portman wink, dragongirl81.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Bachelors Degree
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotlob View Post
Yes, that is the general gist of the matter .

knotlob
I'm glad you were able to clarify, knotlob. Thanks for your help around here.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Contact Lenses Forum - Senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicPete View Post
Here in the US, where people play football with their hands and their feet, a "punt" is a way of telling the other team "Well, we've not had much luck moving this prolate spheroid a mere ten yards, so you can have it."

*Punt*

"Back there."
Nice punt picture, O'Pete. It really makes your definition come alive.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark This Site
Add a link on your site or blog
Daily Disposable Contact Lenses Ask a question about Daily Disposable Contact Lenses , start a discussion, share your opinion, or write an online review and share your experience with Daily Disposable Contact Lenses contact lenses.

Copy and Paste HTML Below:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Contact Lenses

/ Contact Lens Forums
Daily Disposable Contact Lenses 2
1-2 Week Disposable Contact Lenses
Monthly Disposable Contact Lenses
Color Contact Lenses 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gas Permeable Contact Lenses 2 3
Toric Contact Lenses 2 3
Bifocal Contact Lenses 2
Vial Contact Lenses
Other Contact Lenses 2 3, & Contact Lens Care 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC7 ©2008, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2001 - 2010 eyeTopics.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

Any materials provided on this web site are for informational purposes only. Have your eyes examined regularly and always follow your eye care professional's instructions for the proper use and care of your contact lenses. IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY UNEXPLAINED EYE DISCOMFORT, WATERING, VISION CHANGE OR REDNESS, REMOVE YOUR LENSES IMMEDIATELY AND CONSULT YOUR EYE CARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE WEARING YOUR CONTACT LENSES AGAIN.

Site operated by eyeTopics.com, Inc.