Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Free Trial of O2 Optix?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    458

    Default Free Trial of O2 Optix?

    I saw somewhere how you can get a free trial of O2 Optix contacts. Does anybody know how this is done? Do you need to print up a coupon and bring it to your eye doctor? Mail in a copy of your prescription? Something else?

  2. #2

    Default

    You need an EXAM which will cost you, the trial lens is free. It is NOT deceptive or false advertising. Too many of ya out there thinking this is just a game, but ya want a lawyer to sue us when you ignore us or the mfr. Your post gives the impression you just want something free - we doctors are NOT in the profession to give ya stuff or our time. You don't do your job for free do ya?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fschultz4is View Post
    You need an EXAM which will cost you, the trial lens is free. It is NOT deceptive or false advertising. Too many of ya out there thinking this is just a game, but ya want a lawyer to sue us when you ignore us or the mfr. Your post gives the impression you just want something free - we doctors are NOT in the profession to give ya stuff or our time. You don't do your job for free do ya?
    Slow down there, fschultz4is. If you read my post again, slowly, and pay attention this time, you'll notice certain key words. Words like "eye doctor" and "prescription."

    This isn't about getting "something for free." This is about a service I'd heard about. The "free trial lens" you mentioned. I don't know how it works, but I know it happens AFTER the eye exam. I was hoping for a constructive, helpful answer which--thankfully--is the norm at Lens 101. Your outburst is unprofessional, unnecessary, and I must admit, baffling. What did I say?
    Last edited by JTKirk; 10-15-2009 at 10:23 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    458

    Default I Can't Hear You

    You're very quiet, fschultz4is . . .

  5. #5

    Default

    You're right, you don't know how it works. You don't get a trial lens unless you've been examined with that lens.

    You might want to re-read fschult's post. A contact lens prescription includes the brand of contacts. Trial lenses are given to you in conjunction with an eye exam.[/B] Most eye doctors get trial lenses for free. My doctor told me there is no reason to give her a coupon for a trial lens. Yes you can go to the CIBA website and print a coupon but an eye doctor will give you a trial lens, assuming he thinks the lens is appropriate for you, even if you don't have a coupon.

    The question is how much will the doctor charge you. Has it been a year since your last contact lens exam? The doctor will probably want to do a full contact lens exam and charge you accordingly. A recent exam and the doctor might charge you for a minor exam. There are some doctors that include followup visits as part of their annual fee.

    The point is you can't print a coupon, walk into a doctor's office and walk out with a lens without being examined.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTKirk View Post
    Slow down there, fschultz4is. If you read my post again, slowly, and pay attention this time, you'll notice certain key words. Words like "eye doctor" and "prescription."

    This isn't about getting "something for free." This is about a service I'd heard about. The "free trial lens" you mentioned. I don't know how it works, but I know it happens AFTER the eye exam. I was hoping for a constructive, helpful answer which--thankfully--is the norm at Lens 101. Your outburst is unprofessional, unnecessary, and I must admit, baffling. What did I say?

  6. #6

    Default Get the Net

    Quote Originally Posted by lurker2010 View Post
    You're right, you don't know how it works. You don't get a trial lens unless you've been examined with that lens.

    You might want to re-read fschult's post. A contact lens prescription includes the brand of contacts. Trial lenses are given to you in conjunction with an eye exam.[/B] Most eye doctors get trial lenses for free. My doctor told me there is no reason to give her a coupon for a trial lens. Yes you can go to the CIBA website and print a coupon but an eye doctor will give you a trial lens, assuming he thinks the lens is appropriate for you, even if you don't have a coupon.

    The question is how much will the doctor charge you. Has it been a year since your last contact lens exam? The doctor will probably want to do a full contact lens exam and charge you accordingly. A recent exam and the doctor might charge you for a minor exam. There are some doctors that include followup visits as part of their annual fee.

    The point is you can't print a coupon, walk into a doctor's office and walk out with a lens without being examined.
    Seems to me like this whole thing started when JTKirk simply asked "Hey, what's this free trial lens thingy all about?"

    Suddenly fschultz4is started foaming at the mouth and going on about "Too many of ya out there thinking this is just a game" and "It is NOT deceptive or false advertising." Nobody said anything about false advertising or games. Look again at the first posting in this thread, then stand back and watch a Lens 101 member come unglued.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    458

    Default Can We Start Over?

    Thank you, AllyCat.

    Did anybody else notice the word TRIAL in my original posting, or did you just freak out when you saw the word "free"?
    It's my understanding that if I went to my eye doctor and told him I wanted to try contact lenses, he would then examine my overall eye health, (and charge his normal fee for said examination), determine my prescription, and then give me a written prescription, along with a pair of free trial lenses. If I like the contacts I can get the prescription filled and BUY some more just like them. If not, we could try another pair.

    Am I mistaken?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTKirk View Post
    Thank you, AllyCat.

    Did anybody else notice the word TRIAL in my original posting, or did you just freak out when you saw the word "free"?
    It's my understanding that if I went to my eye doctor and told him I wanted to try contact lenses, he would then examine my overall eye health, (and charge his normal fee for said examination), determine my prescription, and then give me a written prescription, along with a pair of free trial lenses. If I like the contacts I can get the prescription filled and BUY some more just like them. If not, we could try another pair.

    Am I mistaken?
    Basically correct. A contact lens exam is sometimes more expensive then a general eye exam. The doctor may want you to wear the trial lenses for a few days or a week before he gives you a script.

    Most (almost all?) doctors get a supply of trial lenses. Rarely a need for a coupon. Makes more sense to let the doctor give you a couple of different trial lenses to try.

    I saw the word TRIAL in your OP. I also saw the word FREE and the word COUPON. I don't know of a doctor that charges for trial lenses or needs a coupon.

    Sorry if I misinterpreted your OP.

  9. #9

    Default Free Trial Contacts

    Quote Originally Posted by lurker2010 View Post
    Basically correct. A contact lens exam is sometimes more expensive then a general eye exam. The doctor may want you to wear the trial lenses for a few days or a week before he gives you a script.

    Most (almost all?) doctors get a supply of trial lenses. Rarely a need for a coupon. Makes more sense to let the doctor give you a couple of different trial lenses to try.

    I saw the word TRIAL in your OP. I also saw the word FREE and the word COUPON. I don't know of a doctor that charges for trial lenses or needs a coupon.

    Sorry if I misinterpreted your OP.
    Thanks for the confirmation, lurker2010. I've gone to some contact lens websites where they offer you a coupon for a free trial pair, but you're right, most eye docs will examine you and fit you and then offer you a free trial pair of contacts, even without a coupion.

    Here are some examples of websites that offer coupons:

    http://www.bausch.com/en_US/consumer/coupon_and_rebates.aspx

    http://www.acuvue.com/savemoney.htm?flowId=1&rc=SMG11&skinId=S107&promoI d=PS

    I went to the CIBAVision website and when I clicked on "Visit O2OPTIX.com for more information and a free trial!" I was sent here:

    http://www.airoptix.com/FreeTrial/index.shtml
    (On this site it's called a "certificate" rather than a "coupon.")


    By the way, when you say "contact lens exam" is that the same as a fitting?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    458

    Default Free Trial Contacts

    Quote Originally Posted by lurker2010 View Post
    Basically correct. A contact lens exam is sometimes more expensive then a general eye exam. The doctor may want you to wear the trial lenses for a few days or a week before he gives you a script.

    Most (almost all?) doctors get a supply of trial lenses. Rarely a need for a coupon. Makes more sense to let the doctor give you a couple of different trial lenses to try.

    I saw the word TRIAL in your OP. I also saw the word FREE and the word COUPON. I don't know of a doctor that charges for trial lenses or needs a coupon.

    Sorry if I misinterpreted your OP.
    That's okay. You're not the one who went off on a bizarre tirade about getting something for nothing.

    Unless you're using two screen names.

  11. #11

    Default Bizzarre Tirade

    Quote Originally Posted by JTKirk View Post
    That's okay. You're not the one who went off on a bizarre tirade about getting something for nothing.

    Unless you're using two screen names.
    Yeah, that was kind of strange, wasn't it?

  12. #12

    Default Hiding in Shame

    Quote Originally Posted by JTKirk View Post
    You're very quiet, fschultz4is . . .
    Yes, after that long rant, then nothing. How embarrassing.

    Come on out, fschultz4is. Just admit you made a mistake and apologize and we can all move on.

  13. #13

    Default Coupons/Certificates

    Quote Originally Posted by CousinMuscles View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation, lurker2010. I've gone to some contact lens websites where they offer you a coupon for a free trial pair, but you're right, most eye docs will examine you and fit you and then offer you a free trial pair of contacts, even without a coupion.

    Here are some examples of websites that offer coupons:

    http://www.bausch.com/en_US/consumer/coupon_and_rebates.aspx

    http://www.acuvue.com/savemoney.htm?flowId=1&rc=SMG11&skinId=S107&promoI d=PS

    I went to the CIBAVision website and when I clicked on "Visit O2OPTIX.com for more information and a free trial!" I was sent here:

    http://www.airoptix.com/FreeTrial/index.shtml
    (On this site it's called a "certificate" rather than a "coupon.")


    By the way, when you say "contact lens exam" is that the same as a fitting?
    Sweet. Contact lens coupons (or certificates, depending on who's offering them.) for free trial lenses. Right here on Lens 101.

  14. #14

    Default What Just Happened?

    Quote Originally Posted by JTKirk View Post
    Slow down there, fschultz4is. If you read my post again, slowly, and pay attention this time, you'll notice certain key words. Words like "eye doctor" and "prescription."

    This isn't about getting "something for free." This is about a service I'd heard about. The "free trial lens" you mentioned. I don't know how it works, but I know it happens AFTER the eye exam. I was hoping for a constructive, helpful answer which--thankfully--is the norm at Lens 101. Your outburst is unprofessional, unnecessary, and I must admit, baffling. What did I say?
    Yeah, that was weird. What was that all about?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CousinMuscles View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation, lurker2010. I've gone to some contact lens websites where they offer you a coupon for a free trial pair, but you're right, most eye docs will examine you and fit you and then offer you a free trial pair of contacts, even without a coupion.

    Here are some examples of websites that offer coupons:

    http://www.bausch.com/en_US/consumer/coupon_and_rebates.aspx

    http://www.acuvue.com/savemoney.htm?flowId=1&rc=SMG11&skinId=S107&promoI d=PS

    I went to the CIBAVision website and when I clicked on "Visit O2OPTIX.com for more information and a free trial!" I was sent here:

    http://www.airoptix.com/FreeTrial/index.shtml
    (On this site it's called a "certificate" rather than a "coupon.")


    By the way, when you say "contact lens exam" is that the same as a fitting?
    Thanks for the links, Cousin Muscles. I checked them out and they all still work. The Air Optix one has a commercial with a pretty girl who models the contact lenses. She seems to spend a lot of time doing things in reverse. I didn't have the sound on, so maybe they were talking about how her contacts are as comfortable at the end of the day as they were at the beginning. What do you think?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Contact Lenses / Contact Lens Forums

    1. Daily Disposable Contact Lenses 2

      1-Day Acuvue 2, 1-Day Acuvue Moist 2, 1-Day Acuvue TruEye, Biotrue ONEday Biomedics 1 Day 2, ClearSight 1 Day, Dailies AquaComfort Plus 2, Focus Dailies 2, Proclear 1 Day 2, SofLens Daily Disposable 2,
    1. 1-2 Week Disposable Contact Lenses

      Acuvue 2, Acuvue 2 2, Acuvue Advance 2, Acuvue Oasys 2, Avaira, Biomedics 38 2, Biomedics 55 2, Biomedics 55 Premier 2, Biomedics EP, Biomedics XC 2, Extreme H20 54% 2, Extreme H2O 59% Thin 2, Extreme H2O 59% Xtra 2, FreshLook Handling Tint 2, O2 Optix 2, Precision UV 2, SofLens 38 2, SofLens 59 2, Vertex Sphere
    1. Monthly Disposable Contact Lenses

      Air Optix Aqua 2, Air Optix Night & Day Aqua, Biofinity 2, Clarity H2O, Focus Monthly Visitint 2, Focus Night & Day 2, Frequency 55 2, Frequency 55 Aspheric 2, Optima 38 SP 2, Preference 2, Preference Standard 2, Proclear Compatibles 2, PureVision 2
    1. Color Contact Lenses 2 3 4 5 6 7

      Acuvue 2 Colours - Enhancers 2, Acuvue 2 Colours - Opaques 2, Expressions Colors 2, Focus 1-2 Week SoftColors 2, FreshLook Dimensions 2, Focus Monthly SoftColors 2, FreshLook ColorBlends 2, FreshLook Colors 2, FreshLook One-Day 2
    1. Gas Permeable Contact Lenses 2 3

      Boston 7 2, Boston Envision 2, Boston EO 2, Boston Equalens 2, Boston Equalens II 2, Boston ES 2, Boston II 2, Boston IV 2, Boston RXD 2, Boston XO 2, Boston XO2 2, Flosi 2, Fluorex 300 2, Fluorex 500 2, Fluorex 700 2, Fluorocon 2, Fluoroperm 151 2, Fluoroperm 30 2, Fluoroperm 60 2, Fluoroperm 92 2, Hydro 02 2, OP-2 2, OP-10 2, OP-3 2, OP-6 2, O-Perm 30 2, O-Perm 60 2, Optacryl 60 2, Optimum Classic 2, Optimum Comfort 2, Optimum Extra 2, Optimum Extreme 2, Paragon HDS 2, Paragon HDS 100 2, Paragon Thin 2, Paraperm 02 2, Paraperm EW 2, PMMA 2, Polycon II 2, SA 18 (Phoenix 18) 2, SA 32 (Phoenix 32) 2, SGP I 2, SGP II 2, SGP III 2, Trans-aire 2
    1. Toric Contact Lenses 2 3

      Acuvue Advance for Astigmatism 2, 1-Day Acuvue Moist for Astigmatism, Avaira Toric, Extreme H20 54% Toric, Purevision 2HD, Purevision 2HD for Astigmatism, Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism 2, Air Optix for Astigmatism 2, Biomedics Toric, Biofinity Toric, ClearSight 1 Day Toric, Focus Dailies Toric 2, Focus Monthly Toric 2, Frequency 55 Toric 2, Frequency 55 Toric XR, FreshLook ColorBlends Toric 2, FreshLook Toric 2, Optima Toric 2, Preference Toric DW 2, Preference Toric XR, Proclear Toric 2, Proclear Toric XR, PureVision Toric 2, SofLens 66 Toric 2, Vertex Toric 2, Vertex Toric XR,
    1. Bifocal Contact Lenses 2

      Acuvue Bifocal 2, Biofinity Multifocal, Acuvue Oasys for Presbyopia, Air Optix Aqua Multifocal, Focus Dailies Progressives 2, Frequency 55 Multifocal, Proclear Multifocal, PureVision Multi-Focal 2, SofLens Multi-Focal 2
    1. Vial Contact Lenses

      Silsoft Aphakic Adult, Silsoft Super Plus Kids, Softcon EW 2,
    1. Other Contact Lenses 2 3, & Contact Lens Care 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

      Celebrity Contact Lenses 2, Halloween Contact Lenses 2, Novelty Contact Lenses 2, Special Effects Contact Lenses 2, Sports Contact Lenses 2
  • Contact Lens Solutions

    1. Multi-Purpose Solutions

      Aquify, Biofresh, Biotrue, Clear Care, COMPLETE, OPTI-FREE EXPRESS, OPTI-FREE Pure Moist, OPTI-FREE RepleniSH, Oxysept, ReNu Fresh, ReNu Sensitive, RevitaLens, Sensitive Eyes Daily Cleaner, Sensitive Eyes Plus Saline, Ultrazyme
    1. Gas Permeable

      Boston Advance (GP), Boston Conditioning and Cleaner (GP), Boston One Step Liquid Enzymatic (GP), Boston Simplus (GP), OPTI-FREE GP
    1. Protein Removers

      OPTI-FREE Supra Clens, ReNu 1 Step liquid Protein Remover
    1. Comfort Drops

      Blink Contacts Lubricating Eye Drops, Boston Rewetting Drops (GP) COMPLETE Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops, OPTI-FREE Pure Moist Rewetting Drops OPTI-FREE RepleniSH Rewetting Drops, ReNu MultiPlus Rewetting Drops ReNu Rewetting Drops, Sensitive Eyes Rewetting Drops
  • Eyewear

    1. Eyeglasses & Reading Glasses

      Prada Eyeglasses, Armani Eyeglasses, Versace Eyeglasses, Calvin Klein Eyeglasses, Ray Ban Eyeglasses, Oakley Eyeglasses, Vogue Eyeglasses, DKNY Eyeglasses, Cazal Eyeglasses, Safilo Eyeglasses
    1. Sunglasses

      Oakley Sunglasses, Ray Ban Sunglasses, Christian Dior Sunglasses, Prada Sunglasses, Spy Sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses, Maui Jim Sunglasses, Smith Sunglasses, Versace Sunglasses, Bolle Sunglasses
  • Eye Care Forums

    1. Eye Health

      Eye Surgery 2 3 4 5, General Eye Health 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9,
    1. Eye Care Professionals

      ECP Corner
  • News

    1. News Archive

      2010 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2009 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2008 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2007 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2006 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2005 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec) 2004 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec)